PathAway GPS 5 Express Edition
Release Version 6.03.06 - Mar 27 2017
- Android 7 Compatibility improvements
- Settings fix for North Arrow
- Fix for occasional crash on Data import
Release Version 6.03.05.03 - Nov 21 2016
- Fix for crash on import (Android 6+)
Release Version 6.03.00.01 - May 5 2016
- Various Bug Fixes
Release Version 6.02.24.00 - Feb 2 2016
- Added for Android 6.0: Permission Confirmations. App would not run on some devices without the App confirming permissions.
- Fixed: X-Traverse Import Maps not working.
Release Version 6.02.22.00 - Nov 14 2015
- Added: Large Tool icons for using with gloves or large fingers.
Release Version 6.02.21.00 - Sep 3 2015
Release Version 6.02.02.00 - July 7 2015
- Added: Import now has multi select. Select multiple files to import at once.
- Added PRO: "Calculate Location" to "Edit Point" and "Find by Coordinates". Enter a distance offset and heading to calculate new coordinates.
- Added: In Overlay Dashboard - Drag dash item to new location on Map..
- Fixed (PRO). SMS Receive was always sending Label as "SEG". This requires Delete of the SEG user in "Remote-Received Locations
- Added Settings-Map Display-"Show Closest Route Pt.": Option to turn the closest point on route marker on/off. By default now, it is off.
- Added Settings-Map Display-"Show Map Center Marker": Option to turn the map center marker on/off. By default now, it is off.
- Added: Interactive Help Panel. As you select options, help panel will scroll to the relevant section of the manual.
Help Panel can be sized by dragging the title bar up/down. Currently only tool icons are linked.
- Fixed: Visibility of selected files in the File Selector.
- Fixed: Right aligned dashboard sometimes overwriting other UI areas of the screen.
Release Version 6.01.07.00 - May 18 2015
- Added: UI Improvements in Tracking Menu
- Added: Track/Route Details - Can go to Edit Name/Activity.
- Fixed: Bugs and reported crashes
- Fixed: Activity not automatically being added to new route
- Fixed: Alarms not sounding in background mode.
Release Version 6.01.06.00 - Apr 24 2015
- Added: Show/Hide Toolbar (View menu). Tap bottom of screen to bring up Toolbars
- Added: Show/Hide Dashboard for Tiled Dash (View menu).
- Fixed: Error in Magnetic Compass
- Other Bug Fixes
Release Version 6.01.05.00 - Apr 7 2015
- Fixed: Main Menu checkboxes now functional.
- Fixed: Where applicable, menu checkboxes do not terminate the menu
- Fixed: Take Picture from toolbar.
Release Version 6.01.04.00 - Apr 1 2015
- Added: Reset Trip. to Tracking Tool menu
- Fixed: erratic sizing of Zoom Toolbar items on older devices
- Added: EXP+: 100% Scale Tool to Zoom Toolbar
- Added "Exit" button on main menu.
- Fixed: turning the GPS back on will resume the track recording.
- Fixed: EXP+: Custom Map zoom-in/out was only going one level.
- Fixed: "Other Points" menu
- Fixed: EXP+: Zoom 100% menu item checkbox
- Fixed: EXP+: zoom in and zoom out only zoom one level on custom maps.
Release Version 6.01.00.00 - Mar 27 2015
- New intuitive User Interface with tiled resizable and customizable tiled dashboard
- Easy slide out main menu for quicker access to all features.
- Tap and hold on Dash Item to move it
- Double Tap Dash Item modify its data and font size
- Modify the Dashboard style, location (Top, Right, Overlay), and color in Settings-Dashboard
- New Route Designer with undo, redo, adjust route point location using precision nudge controls.
- PRO: Follow Roads/Trails in Route Deigner.
- Turn Toolbar Text On/Off in View-Map Display.
- Heading and Course Compasses now available for display on Dashboard.
- Toolbar main items now contain drop-down Quick Menus to provide the most common commands efficiently.
Release Version 5.82.00.06 - Nov 21 2014
- Fixed: Possible crash after running Simulator.
- Added: Export Point Database. Photos now stored in kmz and zipped export files.
- Lots of minor bug fixes
Release Version 5.82.00.00 - Sep 11 2014
- Added: Support for new Account-based product registration system. No more UID or Registration keys. Just login to your PathAway account. Currenty working for new purchases only.
- Added: Hi-Res Scale Adjust option. In Data->Webmaps. This feature allows you to turn on/off the scaling up of Webmaps for better visibility of map text on hi-res screens.
Release Version 5.81.03.09 - Aug 19 2014
- Fixed: If not tracking, then GPS not reconnecting after resume.
- Fixed: Route Dist to Destination when turning a single point route to a multi point route.
- Fixed: X-Traverse maps not downloading on occasion.
- Added: Can now move/delete route points while in Edit Route Mode
- Added: Route Distance now recalulated in Data-Routes - Recalc Stats command.
- Added: Android OS 4.4 (KitKat) now restricts writing to external SD Card to only a designated App folder. The folders for PathAway are:
PathAway PRO: Android/Data/com.muskokatech.PathAwayPro/files
PathAway Express: Android/Data/com.muskokatech.PathAway/files
PathAway LE: Android/Data/com.muskokatech.PathAwayLE/files
PathAway Free: Android/Data/com.muskokatech.PathAwayFree/files
Release Version 5.81.03.00 - Jun 12 2014
- Added: Settings-General: Set Wind Speed Units, Temperature Units, Magentic Compass Speed Threshold.
- Fixed: X-Traverse Canada Topo downloading.
Release Version 5.81.02.00 - May 29 2014
- Added: Theyr Weather Forecast overlay maps. This is a new subscription based feature to overlay weather maps onto existing maps and charts.
A free sample is included showing low resolution 12 hour Wind, Precipitation, and Temperature. See the startup "What's new" for more info.
To view the Weather maps, go to the menu "Screens->Weather View". The new screen has a scrolling tool bar at the top for control of weather features, animation, and overlay transparency.
Note, subscriptions can be done directly by creating a PathAway.com account (see "Settings->My Accounts"), then purchasing a subscription. Also supported is X-Traverse Weather subscriptions.
Log into X-Traverse via the "Settings->My Accounts" dialog, and choose X-Traverse as the service.
- Added: Magnetic Heading option - Settings-General.
- Fixed: Google Satellite Maps not downloading.
- Fixed - Track Data Export and Duplicate crash
Release Version 5.78.02.00 - Jan 10 2014
- Improved: Points Dialog Add Point.
- Added: Tracks/Routes "Repair" option to fix database if corrupted.
- Added: Exit Confirmation on "Back" key. Optional, turn on in Settings->General.
- Added: New Map Scale Dash Item
- Fixed: View->Map Display, now goes directly to "Settings->Map Display" screen
- Fixed: Toolbar size for screens 200-240 dpi
Release Version 5.78.00.00 - Dec 31 2013
- Added: Webmaps overzoom. Now zoom in further, PathAway will scale up the map tiles.
- Added: For hi-res screens, webmaps will be scaled up for easier reading of map details
- Improved: Easier selection of Dashboard item details (via double tap).
- Added "Offline Webmaps". Download multiple resolutions of Webmaps
for use offline. Position map showing the entire area to download, then choose the depth of resolution required.
Release Version 5.77.11.05 - Dec 5 2013
- Fixed: Icons not showing on Android 4.4 (KitKat)
Release Version 5.77.11.04 - Nov 20 2013
- Added: Settings->Map Display. Show Route Points, Show Track Points. Now you can turn the display of the route and track points on or off. This is mostly useful for route points when you're following a track as a route and the points are very close together.
- Added: Startup screen with links to Newsletter, Ratings, and Manual
- Added: News and upgrades screen.
* Note, both these screens can be turned off once the app is purchased.
Release Version 5.77.10.01 - Oct 10 2013
- Added Quick Data Export of Current Track (or route if no track)
- Help button fixed
Release Version 5.77.09.01 - Sep 20 2013
- Fixed: Edit Point - datum conversion failed for some datum types.
- Improved Tracks, Routes, Point Databases context menu.
Release Version 5.77.08.00 - Sep 17 2013
- Further UI improvements.
- Additional German translations
- Improved UI for HD screens (icons and other bitmaps too small).
- Improved caching and performance for HD screens.
- Import->X-Traverse. Activate Maps fixed.
- New German Translations
- Improved Export Dialog
- Data->Tracks/Routes/Point Database - Edit Toolbar->Export Icon. Folder Select improved. Remembers last format and folder.
- Data->Tracks/Routes/Point Database - Edit Details. Now when you create a new Route, you can immediately choose points to add to the route via the "Add Points" button. If editing the Route, this option is "Edit Points".
- In View Points - Added '+' icon to toolbar, to add a point to the route from a Points Database
- Added additional external SDCard references
- Added Data->Import->X-Traverse Maps.
These maps are downloaded X-Traverse charts (as opposed to WebMaps). Once downloaded these maps are available in the Data->Maps dialog.
Version 5.75.13.01 - Mar 25 2013
- Fixed crash in Settings->Coordinates
- Fixed Compass View titles and item customization menu access
(via tap and hold).
Version 5.75.13.00 - Mar 20 2013
- Fixed icons not displaying on some Android 4.1+ and higher devices.
Version 5.75.12 - Mar 1 2013
- Added: Transparency for Route, track lines, and text labels for better visibility.
- Added: Many performance improvements
- Added support for newer Android 4 devices.
- Added Search in Points dialog.
- Added more detail info in Tracks and Routes Dialog
Version 5.63.01 - Jun 26 2012
- Added: Auto-connect GPS on startup. This option can be turned On/Off in the Settings->General dialog.
- Misc bug fixes
Version 5.63.00 - Apr 16 2012
- Added: Direct support for BSB/KAP Maps and Nautical Charts. Copy these maps into your "PathAway" folder and PathAway will add them to your list of maps and display them when requested.
- Added: X-Traverse.com support (account-based WebMaps)
- Fixed: Display of S-JTSK grid coordinate (need to go in to Coords dialog and re-select S-JTSK.
- Added: "Settings->Coords->Use Map Datum" option to automatically switch to datum of map when its being viewed.
- Added: "Settings->Coords->Format". When selected will automatically change to default datum for the selected grid format.
Version 5.61.06.00 - Mar 13 2012
- Added: Notification Entry when PathAway is tracking with the GPS. This service should keep PathAway from being terminated by the OS except for severe low memory situations.
- Fixed: Some Local time/GMT Time display of track log points
- Added: GPS Satellite info on GPS Icon Toolbar. Now displays small bars for Fixed Sats, and Sats in View.
- Fixed: KML Import crash for files with large tracks
- Performance improvements.
- Added "Zoom->Choose Map" option for quick selection of available pathaway maps within current location.
Version 5.61.04.01 - Feb 17 2012
- Updated Google Maps downloading to access new Satellite imagery
- Added New Zealand Transverse Mercator 2000 (NZTM2000) Grid Coordinate System
- Fixed: Import file select dialog not showing files with uppercase extensions
- Added: New German localizations
- Fixed: "Select point on map->Take Picture"
Version 5.61.00.00 - Jan 7 2012
- Added WebMap formats: ArcGIS World and USA Topos, Natural Resources Canada Topos, FAA USA Sectional Charts
- Fixed: Auto-Rotate device crash (from last build only)
Version 5.60.00.06 - Dec 18 2011
- Database moved to /sdcard/PathAway folder. This was done for sharing database across different PathAway versions.
Added version update notification for PathAway.com builds
- Fixed External SD card
map loading for some HTC devices. Note: delete any empty folders named /sdcard/sd or sdcard/external_sd (HTC devices only)
- Other bug fixes.
Version 5.60.00.01 - Nov 29 2011
- Added - New Hi-res icons
- New Brighter more visible map locatiom arrow
- Fix for Tracks view crash when track name has single quote symbol in it
- Maps, Tracks, Routes, Point Database, Points list dialogs. Now bring up menu on single touch. (no need to tap and hold)
- Improved - Map imported Notification
- Fixed: In Data->Points. Add to Route, multiple points, ended up out of order
- Fixed: Adjust location broken
Version 5.56.04.00 - Nov 10 2011
- Fixed - Crash editting a point with media after saving a second time
- Added: Settings->Tracking. GPS Error Correction - Elevation Correction. Adds the specified distance to the GPS reported elevation.
- Fixed: App start crash with more than 512 maps
Version 5.56.03.02 -Nov 7 2011
- Initial Release.