- Off track warning: There should be a distinction between getting too far to the left and too far to the right of the track.
- Voice messages instead of beeps would be nice.
- Sound level: Pathaway uses system/general sound settings but this
is not convenient. My system settings are to keep the palm totally
quiet. Yet, while using pathaway, I do not want pathaway to be
quiet. Therefore, optionally, it should ignore the system settings for
sound and allow the user to set the volume himself.
- Track optimization: Reduction of the number of points on a track. This could be done as a postprocessing step (on the palm) or while tracking.
- Screen rotation: The screen should be rotated such that the direction
of movement is always up. As a result, at speeds lower than a small
(configurable) number, it should stay at the previous rotation to avoid nervoud behavior.
- Power saving: While recording tracks it would be useful to disable the
screen, backlight, and keyboard. To access pathaway while in
powersaving mode, the user should first a specific button (e.g. center
- Confirmation messages: While following an arbitrary route/track, it should be possible to get confirmation messages at a configurable time or distance interval that you are still on track.
- Track editing: When a point on a track is selected on the screen it should be possible to jump straight to the track editor or to at least get the index of the point on the track. Also it would be nice to be able to delete ranges of points at a time or to cut a track in half, and of course to join different tracks on the palm, or is this already possible.
This is all I could think of right now.