I wish

Enter ideas to be considered for future versions.

Moderators: Scott, PathAway

coureur des bois

I wish

Postby coureur des bois » Mon May 16, 2005 5:56 pm

PathAway is already a good program and I bought my Palm just to use this PathAway as the only way to backup my tracks every day of a twoo weeks trip in a trip.

--»» I wish the next version of PathAway will use a distinct folder to store maps on the SD card. Actually, the maps are stored in the folder PALM/Launcher.
It would be more convenient if it would be stored in Palm/PathAway/ or directly in Memorycard/ PathAway/
We could then easily make the difference between multiples .pdb files.
*** IMPLEMENTED in PathAway GPS 4 SE ***

--»» Actually, to know the location of a waypoint, tou have to select the waypoint, and then to edit it to see couy UTM coord. It would be nice if we could see all the UTM coordinates in a single list, like a spreadsheet.

--»» I hope SoftMap will make possible to read points, tracks and routes directly from the Palm. Actually, we must convert files with GPS Utility to use them in SoftMap program. Or may be PathAway could convert his files in the GPX format (interchange file).

Thank you for considering these suggests.

Re: I wish

Postby Guest » Fri May 20, 2005 3:53 pm

coureur des bois wrote:--»» I wish the next version of PathAway will use a distinct folder to store maps on the SD card. Actually, the maps are stored in the folder PALM/Launcher.

It would be more convenient if it would be stored in Palm/PathAway/ or directly in Memorycard/ PathAway/

I am supporting this wish 100%!

mahu

Postby mahu » Mon May 23, 2005 4:46 pm

coureur des bois wrote:It would be more convenient if it would be stored in Palm/PathAway/ or directly in Memorycard/ PathAway/

Where is the problem? I already have all my maps on SD/Palm/PathAway/ and it works fine.

Markus

coureur des bois

Postby coureur des bois » Mon May 23, 2005 5:21 pm

mahu wrote:
coureur des bois wrote:It would be more convenient if it would be stored in Palm/PathAway/ or directly in Memorycard/ PathAway/

Where is the problem? I already have all my maps on SD/Palm/PathAway/ and it works fine.

Markus

The problem is when you try to discriminate between .df files from PathAway or from an other application. All the .pdb files are sstored in the same folder.
You have to discriminate when you put your files on the desktop (Windows) to edit them with an other program like GPSUtility ...

Postby Guest » Fri May 27, 2005 3:32 pm

Hi,

I'm verry sory, but I don't understand at all what you are trying to do!?
coureur des bois wrote:The problem is when you try to discriminate between .df files from PathAway or from an other application. All the .pdb files are sstored in the same folder.
You have to discriminate when you put your files on the desktop (Windows) to edit them with an other program like GPSUtility ...

I never saw a .df file since working with Pathaway. What is it?
I'm working also with TTQV, perhaps that's the reason why I don't understand your problem?

Regards
Markus
:?:

coureur des bois

Postby coureur des bois » Fri May 27, 2005 4:18 pm

:oops: I made a mistake when typing the words or when cut and paste. Sorry, I worked to fast and did not take the time to check.

What I mean is: PathAway is not the only software to record files as «.pdb». Some other have the same .pdb extension. Then it is possible to make confusion when editing. :)

Tom

Pathaway to Softmap Data Transfer

Postby Tom » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:24 pm

I believe others have voiced the same wish.

Being able to easily, if not directly, transfer files from Pathaway on a PDA into Softmap. This is my single greatest frustration with Pathaway and Softmap.

Return to “PathAway for Palm OS - Suggestions”