Mac Support!!! Please please please....

Enter ideas to be considered for future versions.

Moderators: Scott, PathAway

reeferjon

Mac Support!!! Please please please....

Postby reeferjon » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:48 pm

I've had a play with Pathaway 3 on my Treo 650 and will be purchasing it over the next couple of days. However as a Mac user, I've had real issues converting charts and even installing the PathAway software on the Treo. So...

1. Please create a MacOS installer or at least instructions on how to manually install the components on the Palm.

2. Please create a MacOS version of the Map Manager software to create Pathaway charts

Thanks!

Jon

Oh.. I've also written a glowing post about Pathaway on the forum of my site MacSailing.net

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:41 am

Hi Jon,
Thanks for this feedback. Request for Mac support is quite common now. It is high on our priority list, so expect to see it in the future.
I encourage anyone else looking for Mac support to speak-up here.
We're easily influenced by popular demand.

macnetz

Postby macnetz » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:47 pm

AOL (AKA "me too") :lol:

Anton @ mac-im-netz.de

Arturus

Mac compatibility

Postby Arturus » Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:41 pm

I too would appreaciate Mac compatibility - but I do seem to get by using Virtual PC just to convert the maps - I tend to callibrate OS maps on the Palm itself.

mac osx support

Postby guest » Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:27 pm

hear hear

Please support Mac OS

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:34 pm

Mac OS X support is the single factor preventing me from purchasing PathAway immediately.

PathAway is a unique and truly useful product. When PathAway has full support for Mac OS I will buy it, and be sure to tell all my friends (who are also avid Mac, Palm, and GPS users) about it.

Sincerely,

J Kaplan

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:36 pm

I'M a Mac user and I would like using Pathaway on my macs,now I do with Virtualpc to convert maps to pathaway format and then copying to memory card(memory stick) manually
excuse me my poor english.

marchaja

osx

Postby marchaja » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:41 am

Sure i will be there to use a mac version of the map software.
For now I use it with VPC... :( , with help from SoftMap software for geotiff and datum.

Good working on osx :)

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:21 am

Any progress on the Mac support? If you guys at MuskokaTech dont have the time or resources to make a Mac version of your program, do you think you could support a community project?
[/quote]

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:43 am

Yes we would be happy support a community project. Please email me directly with a suggested working proposal.

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:20 pm

Any further info on a mac version

naviguesser74

Postby naviguesser74 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:51 pm

if there were a mac version of the software that would allow me to make a map for pathaway, i would buy the whole package in a heartbeat

FredenFromSweden

Postby FredenFromSweden » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:48 am

Ditto!
Everyone in my flying club would purchase PathAway if it had OS X support (and GeoTiffs would help too).

Flux

Postby Flux » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:27 pm

I have been looking into what would be needed for a bare bones implementation of map manager on OS X. Handling the bitmaps, processing user input, and even writing the PRC file seem to doable, but what is missing is the format of the PRC file. Is there a chance to get the format public?

gt88norm

Postby gt88norm » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:07 am

naviguesser74 wrote:if there were a mac version of the software that would allow me to make a map for pathaway, i would buy the whole package in a heartbeat

That pretty much says it all! . . . . Just "Do a Goog" (or what ever search engine you use) on <Palm and Mac and GPS>, poke around as though you were someone who chooses not to support MS, and you'll find that there's more than just a few people who'd beat a path to your door (W/ money in hand). Find a niche that needs fulfilment, satisfy that need, be succesful!
Not too difficult of a bussiness plan is it? Especially if the markets 'cornered' so to speak. Remember the first time you jumped off the 'high dive'?? You're still here aren't you?

Scott wrote: Hi Jon,
Thanks for this feedback. Request for Mac support is quite common now. It is high on our priority list, so expect to see it in the future.
I encourage anyone else looking for Mac support to speak-up here.
We're easily influenced by popular demand.

Return to “PathAway for Palm OS - Suggestions”