PathAway webOS version

Enter general ideas or complaints to be considered for future versions.

Moderators: Scott, PathAway

ZehHa

PathAway webOS version

Postby ZehHa » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:23 pm

Hi Scott,

now that the new Palm webOS PDK is out, it is even easier to include C/C++ code into webOS apps.

As the design of webOS is very similar to other contemporary mobile operation systems, with a linux [android, webOS] or unix [iPhoneOS] kernel at the bottom of a touchscreen GUI layer, it should be technically feasible to port PathAway to this platform as well. And many of your PalmOS customers switched to webOS, just as I myself. I am sure you will find a solid users base for this platform, too.

I would be glad to be able to buy another PathAway license for my Palm Pre in the future.

Kind regards

Carsten Hütter

neldot

Postby neldot » Thu May 26, 2011 12:45 pm

I'm pretty sure that my next phone will be a webos Pre3, and I would love to have Pathaway available for that system.

ZehHa

Postby ZehHa » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:05 pm

neldot wrote:I'm pretty sure that my next phone will be a webos Pre3, and I would love to have Pathaway available for that system.
+1

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:23 pm

Sorry, We have no plans for a WebOS version of PathAway.
Our Android version will be released very soon though.

ZehHa

Postby ZehHa » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:58 am

Hello Scott,

the new generation of webOS devices is in the pipeline, shipping of the Pre3 will start in one week. Veer and TouchPad will follow shortly. HP has a strong marketing power, and I'm sure, the new devices will have an impact on the market.

I know that your resources are limited. But after porting ParhAway to the iOS and android platforms, webOS suggests itself as the next task to deal with. Take a look at the efforts of the Portuguese software factory NDrive. Their product can be run on android, webOS, bada, Symbian, WinMob, and iOS devices. And PathAway would give a great addition to NDrive on my webOS device, especially for off-road motorbike riding, hiking, or paddling - using high resolution grid maps in PathAway after driving to the target area with navigation help from NDrive.

You should think about your decision a second time. Plans can be changed! Or are you going to go into retirement shortly? ;)

Regards

Carsten

Return to “General Suggestions”