Canada

Download maps submitted by users, or upload your own calibrated maps. Make requests for maps.

Moderators: Scott, PathAway

timfly

Canada

Postby timfly » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:58 am

Hi All
I really need some maps of Alberta and Northern BC. I would like to get the IFR High and Low charts for these areas.
If anyone has them or knows where I can get them that would be most appreciated.
Thanks

Anders

Postby Anders » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:24 am

Check http://www.omnimap.com
They have maps from 1:50,000. They can deliver both in digital and paper. Be sure to contact them in advance before ordering digital maps.

Anders

Postby Anders » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:20 pm

You might look at this thread: http://www.pathaway.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=411
Looks that Dodger has found out how to download Canadian maps

Dodger

Postby Dodger » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:55 am

Yup yup... And after testing the eastern Ontario ones I've calibrated, I am exceptionally impressed with the accuracy.

I was a little confused when I noticed all sorts of "water features" (little rivers) showing up all over my topo maps in places where I was positive there were no rivers - Driving around to check the calibration, I realized that these were drainage ditches between farmer's fields! Not bad for a topographical map! (One would expect it on aerial photos, but these are maps & the detail is spectacular!)

Also, the calibration is absolutely perfect. I tried some off-roading on some tiny goat-tracks that showed up on my topos - The Pathaway tracks recorded exactly correct everywhere I traveled, right down to the pixel.

Very happy camper!

Dodger

Return to “PathAway Calibrated Maps”