FIXED: PathAway crashes after Install Garmin Mobile XT

Forum for questions and problems regarding PathAway GPS 4 SE for Palm OS

Moderator: Scott

dkrabbe

FIXED: PathAway crashes after Install Garmin Mobile XT

Postby dkrabbe » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:27 pm

Hello support team.

I did the update from "Garmin Ique" to "Garmin Mobile XT" and after this update, is impossible to exit PathAway without "crashing it" (of course that I will also post this problem on Garmin Forum). My objective is to have the "best of both worlds".

To try to best understand the problem and to share more information, I did the hard reset on my Palm TX and I just did the PathAway installation. Perfect and no problem found (release 74). Then I did the Garmin Mobile XT installation. After this installation, any function that I want to use with an objective to exit PathAway, crash its (auto reset). I did the release back from 74 to 60 and the same problems happens. Could you please try to help me why just PathAway is being crashed because the other one Palm softwares that I have on it, still running without problem?

Best Regards and thanks in advance

Daniel Krabbe

Brazil

Kesh

Postby Kesh » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:37 am

dkrabbe,

I was having random crashes on exit (Palm TX and PathAway 4 SE 4.00.74 paired to an old Garmin Etrex via serial cable).

The new release .76 release solved all the problems. Well, at least it did for me.

PS: Forgot to tell you, I am just another user... not part of the support team !

Kesh
Doha, State of Qatar

lipor

Postby lipor » Wed May 28, 2008 1:07 am

The crash with Garmin Mobile XT may be fixed in release 4.00.84 released in May 22... well, now in pre-release state. Just be patient :wink: As a matter of fact, I installed such version and It no longer crashes on exit, with Garmin Mobile XT ver. 4.10.30p installed :D Just be careful, as this version may be not fully tested and may have bugs. All info on website mentioned. I just installed it to test if it crashed with the Garmin XT app installed, then reverted to 4.00.82

http://www.pathaway.com/prerelease4/PWPalmOS.html

Thanks to the Support Team/Programmers, you never let us down :)

Excuse my English. Saludos from Mexico :D

PS The thread 1st poster also posted the same question here:

http://www.pathaway.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1060

Return to “PathAway GPS 4 SE for Palm OS - Support”