log file on Palm only ever covers 1 minute

Forum for questions and problems regarding PathAway GPS 4 SE for Palm OS

Moderator: Scott

csbdeady

log file on Palm only ever covers 1 minute

Postby csbdeady » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:34 pm

I've almost finished evaluating PathAway 4 and it seems the product for me...

...except for one major issue.

On my Palm Centro connected to a Garmin XT GPS receiver via Bluetooth I am noticing that the log files I generate of GPS co-ordinates only ever cover about 1 minute of time. I know the unregistered version is limited to a 10 minute GPS session, but in that case I would also have expected the log file to be about 10 minutes in size.

I have tried both "All GPS Sentences" and "Processed Sentences Only", and both generate a single minute of data in PathAwayLog.pdb.

I am using http://pathaway.com/apps4tools/MTech/En ... onvert.zip to convert the PDB to a text file, which when I then open clearly only covers 1 minute.

I am saving the log file to the internal memory of my Centro - so far the log file is only around 18Kb in size and I have about 48Mb free, so it shouldn't be a space issue.

Also, sometimes after only a few seconds I will see the message "Log file full" at the bottom of the PathAway app on my Centro's screen. However the log file will still be only around 18Kb in size.

Any assistance would be great as I would like to use PathAway for Geotagging my photos but obviously need to be able to generate much longer log files!
-Colin

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:51 pm

The logging is done via Track Log.
To do this, go to "GPS->New Trip" and turn On "Record to Track Log".

The "GPS Input" option is usually for testing purposes only.

csbdeady

Postby csbdeady » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:04 pm

Still no luck I'm afraid. When I use "Record to Track Log" I get a log in a completely different format saved, which I don't recognise, ie: it's not the NMEA I was generating.

Is there any way log the NMEA log for more than a minute?
Thanks
-Colin

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:13 pm

The Windows Mobile Professional Edition has a number of options for outputting the NMEA log, including setting an unlimited log file size.

Of course you would need to upgrade your handheld.

If you export your data in GPX or KML then many PC programs can read this format.

Return to “PathAway GPS 4 SE for Palm OS - Support”