May I have time data of during track recording ?

Forum for questions and problems regarding PathAway GPS 4 SE for Palm OS

Moderator: Scott

skyhark

May I have time data of during track recording ?

Postby skyhark » Mon May 11, 2009 5:07 am

Hi,

It's very useful when you are hiking or climbing if track history records the time for every point.

I cannot find this option, it is my problem or there is not this function.

Thanks in advance.

ZehHa

Postby ZehHa » Wed May 20, 2009 1:23 am

You don't need an option. Date and time are recorded automatically for each of the track points. Albeit you cannot read this information from within PathAway.

I would recommend export of the track as a gpx file. As gpx is a simple text format (ASCII characters only), it is easily readable by human beings. You can get the date and time stamp for any point with any kind of text editor. Alternatively you can import the gpx file into a different program or publish it at an adequate website.

The shortcoming: As PalmOS has no full featured multitasking, PathAway has to run as the only single application during the track recording. You cannot use the PDA for anything else. Garmin Mobile XT for example uses the PalmOS multithreading facility to allow for a background recording. This would be on my wishlist for the next PalmOS PathAway version (which most probably and very much to my regret will never see the light of day). :(

As a consequence, I am using the Nokia SportsTracker software on my S60 3rd Ed. mobile phone for this purpose any time I don't need the big palm display for navigating on the map at the same time.

skyhark

Postby skyhark » Wed May 20, 2009 6:40 pm

Hi ZehHa,

You are very good, it's working like you said, it can see through gpx file. They are very useful when you want to remember how much time from where to where after a couple days, date is correct, time is GMT time not local time. But, it’s perfect completely if it can use within Pathaway, thanks anyway.
Big display is very useful for hiking to choose which direction is adequate or easier.

By the way, if possible, would you mind check below web address for me?
Thanks again!

http://www.linuxtechs.net/kruch/tb/foru ... php?t=3134

Return to “PathAway GPS 4 SE for Palm OS - Support”