blue tooth reconnect?

Forum for questions and problems regarding PathAway GPS 4 SE for Palm OS

Moderator: Scott

sesmith

blue tooth reconnect?

Postby sesmith » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:20 am

I'm using pathaway version 4.00.89 on a palm centro with a bluetooth freedom 2000 keychain gps receiver. Intermittently, while plotting a track with pathaway in pocket mode, I'll have an bluetooth connection loss. Pathaway then stops plotting and never reconnects. Is there some configuration setting, that I'm not finding, where you can configure pathaway to attempt to reconnect if the signal is lost. I'm aware of the lost signal alarm settings but an automatic reconnect feature would be nice as I'm using it on a bike.

Thanks

sesmith

Postby sesmith » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:19 am

I'm guessing from the long silence that the answer is no, I'm not missing anything, that there is no configuration setting where the gps can be configured to reconnect if there is a bluetooth interruption. Pathaway support, are you out there??

BTW, I love the program...it's just this annoying bluetooth issue that prevents any long term tracking unless I babysit the phone.

sesmith

Postby sesmith » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:13 pm

FWIW, I found out last weekend on a fairly long track that, under configure gps/advanced, if I checked the box "disconnect after xx seconds" setting the time to 0 seconds, I did not have any of the above issues with the tracking stopping by itself. Previously, I just left this box unchecked (the time was set to 0). I noticed though, that the box comes up unchecked when you bring up the menu even if you previously set it on to 0 seconds, so I never thought it did anything when set to 0 and checked on.

So the bottom line is...maybe that's the fix, or maybe it was just coincidence, but I was able to plot a track for several hours without interruption.

Return to “PathAway GPS 4 SE for Palm OS - Support”