Calibrated map has wrong latitude display

Forum for questions and problems regarding PathAway GPS 4 SE for Palm OS

Moderator: Scott

jkaplan

Calibrated map has wrong latitude display

Postby jkaplan » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:23 pm

Hello all,

I am using PathAway 4.00.40 on a Palm Tungsten T5.

I have converted and calibrated a map with the PathAway Map Manager and loaded it on to my Palm. In the map manager the calibration looks OK; The projection is set correctly, and the upper left and lower right corners of the map have the right coordinates.

However, when I view this map in PathAway on my Palm, it seems the top edge of the map is aligned with the Equator and not about 50 deg N, where it should be.

I invite you to download the .prc file yourself from here

http://www.biomeconsult.com/pub/082K02.prc

(Warning it is about 91 Mb!)

and see what latitude/longitude display you see in your version of PathAway-PalmOS.

I would very much appreciate any help, comments, etc. with this problem!

Thanks,

JKaplan

Anders

Postby Anders » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:31 am

Hi JKaplan!

When I load your map in MapManager and click on Calibration I get Calibration Type: Projection. I see two calibration points: 2 and 4 with data that seems correct. Could the problem be the fact that you have used 2 and 4 instead of 1 and 2? I have not used MapManager much for calibration; I mostly use TTQV. The times I have used MapManager I have been using Lat/Long Calibration Type and Top-Left and Bottom-Right.

jkaplan

SOLVED: Calibrated map has wrong latitude display

Postby jkaplan » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:42 am

Hi Anders,

Thanks for your reply. Indeed you were right about the assignment of the calibration points. I managed to solve the problem by specifying the upper-left and lower-right calibration points as rp1= and rp2= in my .jpr file as opposed to rp2= and rp4= as I had them before.

NB: This is contrary to the PWMapConvert documentation which says that for calibrating projected maps one should specify rp4 and rp4 in the .jpr file.

Anyway, thank you again for your help!

JKaplan

Return to “PathAway GPS 4 SE for Palm OS - Support”