RESOLVED: Treo 700P and BT-359 not connecting to GPS

Forum for questions and problems regarding PathAway GPS 4 SE for Palm OS

Moderator: Scott

Nate

RESOLVED: Treo 700P and BT-359 not connecting to GPS

Postby Nate » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:48 pm

I've been using the Pathaway with my Treo 700P and BT-359 (GlobalStat) just fine for some time now. I recently updated the Treo's BT with the update from Palm (Treo 700P for Sprint). It was supposed to add compatible devices, not take them away. But since that time I have not been able to connect to the GPS in Pathawway. I get the error "No GPS Device Found. Err:779"

The GPS connects fine to the Treo. TomTom Navigator connects just fine using the same devices.

Is there any other information that would be helpful in resolving this problem?

Nate

Nate

Postby Nate » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:03 pm

Oh...I forgot to mention. I downloaded the latest version yesterday and still have the same problem. I'm running 4.00.66.

Nate

Nate

Postby Nate » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:48 am

Update:

I just could not leave it alone today. I found that the port settings under Configure GPS was set to Bluetooth...as it should be. Out of curiosity I clicked the drop down list to see what other ports are available and under the Bluetooth port option was a series of squares, 3 to be exact. I chose the first square and it failed. I chose the second square on the list and it connected but immeidately crashed. After reading other posts I found that the setting under Advanced for Timeout was not checked. I checked it. It now communicates with the GPS.

The only app I can find that shows those other three options under Bluetooth that only have squares for description is the Pathaway. Is this a bug in Pathaway? Or are there now 4 bluetooth ports in the Palm Treo?

Nate

RaNo

Postby RaNo » Wed May 21, 2008 2:29 am

To everyone getting this problem, this thread might also be interesting.

To the developer of PathAway: please also refer to that thread to learn how you can easily fix this bug.

Return to “PathAway GPS 4 SE for Palm OS - Support”