Tripmaster function in PathAway??

Enter ideas to be considered for future versions.

Moderator: Scott

Fr@venture

Tripmaster function in PathAway??

Postby Fr@venture » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:19 am

Hello Scott,
Since I discovered the reliabilty of the GPS signal for dashboard functions I like to have a, so calles, "tripmaster function" implemented in PathAway.

I like to have an additional digital milage counter that I can reset at every corner I take. It is the function that all the rally riders use to follow the roadbook.
Just one big screen with only the digital milage reading in 0.00 meters accuracy.
The reset button should be a remote one in such a way that I can reset the tripmaster without taking my hands away from the handle bar.
This funtion would be realy appreciated by both Car and Motorbike roadbook riders.

Hope you can make it for us.

Cheers,

Fr@venture

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:33 pm

In the current version you can reset the Odometer by the GPS->End Trip option. This will reset the odometer and timing to zero.
This also removes any Route you are following, so if you still needed the Route, then you would need to use the "Start New Trip" button.

You could assign the "End Trip" function to a Hard key in the "Preferences->Hard Keys" section.

To make a bigger view screen for Odometer, go to the Compass view.
Tap on the screen and choose "Full View", from the menu.
Then Tap on the screen again over the large Compass area, choose "Select Data", and the "Trip Dist (odo)".

Let me know if this works for you.

Fr@venture

Postby Fr@venture » Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:56 am

Hello Scott,
Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately, I am not aware of the functionality of version 4 :oops:
I still use version 3 and still like it :-).

What I can make up from your description is that the function is implemented allready??
Only the remote control is missing.... :idea:

One more question, what happends with the ODOmeter after a reset,
do I have to restart it again, or does it restart automatically and counts until I reset it again...and again....and again (every corner you know)?

Hmm, where to find a screenshot of this function?

Thank you very much and best regards,

Fr@venture

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:18 pm

On New Trip, or End Trip, the odometer restarts automatically and counts until I reset it again...and again....and again.
This is the case in PW3 and 4.

Fr@venture

Postby Fr@venture » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:36 pm

Hello Scott,

Today I tried your suggestions in version 3.
You're right, pressing END TRIP resets the ODO again and again :lol:
Basically this is where I was looking for.

However, I am intended to use it on my off-road motorbike in conjuction with a roadbook.

Now I experience the font size much too small and no hot-key function (version 3). I assume you would suggest me to upgrade to version 4 :D

But.....

It is a pitty that I cannot record my trips doing it this way.
Also, it cannot replace my existing tripmaster because I also need a totall tripcount.
And last (but not least) I need a remote controll at my (left-hand) handelbar to reset the counter every corner.
This remote controll is very important (from a driver point of view) because this application is mainly used off-road and both hands are needed at the handle bars.

I think that this option is not only usefull for off-road motor riding but also with my 4x4 off-road truck. It is much easier for the co-driver to reset with a remote controller then pressing buttons on the PDA.

Do you think it is worth for you to develop such an option?

Worst case, the remote control can be home made with a mechanical shifter.

I would realy like it!!

Very best regards,

Fr@venture

Return to “PathAway GPS 4 SE for Palm OS - Suggestions”