Pocket mode should be more accessible

Enter ideas to be considered for future versions.

Moderator: Scott

jp

Pocket mode should be more accessible

Postby jp » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:07 pm

Hi

As an other user reported in the Windows side of the forum, it would be nice to be able to access pocket mode easier than today.

I can mostly turn on the pocket mode without the stilet yet I happen to get from time to time the simulation function which is realy annoying.

Could pocket mode be a function in the list of functions for buttons? Could it also be an item of the context sensitive menu on the selection button? Could a dash board button be used to turn on pocket mode (a double touch or something like this)? Could the same button sequence to get out of pocket mode be used to get into it?

Besides you might consider turn pocket mode automatically on based on a time out. At least turning the screen of automatically.

Thanks for looking into this.

JP

olac

Re: Pocket mode should be more accessible

Postby olac » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:27 pm

jp wrote:Hi

Could pocket mode be a function in the list of functions for buttons?

JP

It's already done.
Go to Preferences>Hard Keys and you'll find the Pocket Mode function

jp

Postby jp » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:11 am

Hi olac,

Great! I have not noticed the arrow to scroll down the list. This is perfect.

Thank you for the tip.

JP

jp

Postby jp » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:26 am

Hi

I have been using the feature Olac described it works fine but I am really running out of keys. Besides I often get mixed up with the 2 keys sequence I use to go out of Pocket mode with the other key to get into it. It happend more than once that I want to enter pocket mode using the 2 keys sequence I should have used to leave it. The result is that I get out PathAway instead. Not great...

It would be probably more user friendly to have the same 2 keys sequence to enter and leave pocket mode.

Anybody out there to support this approach?

JP

Return to “PathAway GPS 4 SE for Palm OS - Suggestions”