Track and Route names are really long

Discussion regarding the PathAway Data Transfer Utility for Windows.
kkemp

Track and Route names are really long

Postby kkemp » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:25 pm

This is a really nice app. Thanks for creating it. It is so much nicer than trying to transfer single route and tracks from Fugawi to Pathaway and vice versa.

I just have a suggestion about this app. When you generate the route and track names when importing to Pathaway, the names are something like "Trk Green River Overlook Green River Overlook" which gets truncated in Pathaway to "Trk Green River Overlook Green". There may be good reasons to do this, but it would be really nice to have the option to just use the file name. I would like to see "Green River Overlook" in Pathaway. I especially don't need the Trk or Rte prefix because it is already obvious in Pathaway that its a track or route because they have their own separate lists.

Kevin

Kevin kemp

Postby Kevin kemp » Tue May 06, 2008 3:20 am

Any chance of this happening? I tried writing a simple app using your API but it did the same thing. Actually, what is happen with GPX files is the name is a concatenation of Trk or Rte, the file name, and the route/track name. I'd really like to be able to just have the route name.

So what does Fugawi and Touratec do? They don't do this. Is this just something that is done for GPX files.

Return to “PathAway Data Transfer Utility”