Problems with webmaps

Forum for questions and problems regarding PathAway GPS 5 PRO for Windows Mobile
diemair

Problems with webmaps

Postby diemair » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:26 pm

Hello,
I have problems with webmaps. I try to use google maps or google satelite. First the downloaded maps seem to be ok. But afer a short zime they disappear. It seem that the calibration of them is or gets corrupt.
What can i do to fix this?
Tahk you
Dietmar

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:57 pm

Webmaps are downloaded and cached on your device. Each zoom level is a different map, so you may need to zoom in or out to see the maps you previously downloaded and cached.
Some things to check:
In Options->WebMaps, ensure that "Show Cached Maps when offline" is checked. Also make sure the "Cache Path" is pointing to the correct location where you originally downloaded the maps.

diemair

Postby diemair » Fri May 01, 2009 1:29 pm

Hello,
Both settings where OK.
The maps dissappeare usually shortly after they got downloaded. When i go to options->maps and select a downloaded map or display, it usually is several hundred of miles off the right position and it's scale is way off the original one, when it got downloaded.

gregmor

Google maps still not downloading version 5.20.65

Postby gregmor » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:54 am

I can get downloads from terraserver and openstreetmap just fine. When "google" and "map" is selected, the map area has "Error Downloading Map Tile" and a status bar has "Failed to download map tile" error messages. When "satellite" is selected, it will download the proper tiles.

Is there some way to get the maps from Google to download using the latest version of PathAway?

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:47 am

The latest pre-release has Google maps working again. http://pathaway.com/prerelease5/

gregmor

Terraserver zoom scaling problem

Postby gregmor » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:52 pm

Scott, thanks for referring the new beta. GoogleMaps is working well.

Terraserver, however, has a zoom problem. If you zoom in until terraserver won't return that high a zoom level, it is not possible to just zoom back to the previous level using the zoom in magnify button. You can use the "Scale 100%" dialog to zoom back out to a level that terraserver supports and everything works again. If you overzoom in Google, it tries to zoom in and then returns back to the previous magnification level.

Can you fix the "magnify -" to have terraserver webmaps zoom back out to a viewable magnification? There is a workaround but it is a hassle if you overzoom.

gregmor

Northern map tiles downloaded from Terraserver @ wrong scale

Postby gregmor » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:03 am

When positioned on a map tile on the screen where there is part of a map tile visible north of the current map tile, the northern tile is being displayed at a different scale than the current map tile scale. When I move the northern tile to the middle where the cursor is over it, the map tile will then reload to the proper scale. If I scroll that map tile south until a the next partial northern tile is visible again, it again is not at the same scale as the current (formerly northern) tile. If I again move the cursor onto the northern tile, the map tile at the proper scale will then be download from Terraserver.

I'm running Windows Mobile 6.1 on a Samsung Omnia.

Underground

Terraserver map issues

Postby Underground » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:37 am

I'm also seeing similar issues with Terraserver. Some satellite tiles just fail to download, I'm not sure if it's timing out or what, but it leaves splotchy coverage.

Topo maps are hosed across tile boundaries. Adjacent tiles sometimes display at the right scale, but do not edge match. Sometimes they are at different scales. Attempting to pan, it starts to load the new map data, but then snaps back to the previous position.

It appears as though a delay in downloading all the individual tiles to fill a given window, if slow, may be getting corrupted. Then it just reloads the corrupted set from the cache. Clear the cache and try again, it just messes it up again.

I'm also seeing what appear to be some messages from the terraserver web service about improperly formed scale values.

I'm also using a Samsung Omnia i910 with WM 6.1 pro, although I've installed the latest update which unlocks the GPS receiver.

Return to “PathAway 5 PRO for Windows Mobile - Support”