FIXED: Google Satellite View Maps not displayed

Forum for questions and problems regarding PathAway GPS 5 PRO for Windows Mobile
RolfW

FIXED: Google Satellite View Maps not displayed

Postby RolfW » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:32 am

Since a couple of weeks if the Web Maps Satellite view or Terrain view are selected then "Error Downloading Map" will be displayed.

Has Google modified the access of their Satellite and Terrain maps so that PathAway is not able to access them any more?

Any response from the Muskoka Tech team on this problem is highly appreciated.

Rolf

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:46 am

This is now fixed as of build 5.20.77 (edit)
It can be downloaded at http://pathaway.com/prerelease5/
Last edited by Scott on Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RolfW

Postby RolfW » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:31 pm

Hi Scott, thank you for the response, but this version of Path Away is not usable on my Windows Mobile 6.1 HTC Touch HD mobile phone in contrast to the other versions.

First of all I had to make a blank installation by removing any files of previous installations of Path Away to get it installed and running without error displays and then the map display stay defaulted with the start world map display and neither web maps nor preinstalled maps could be selected.

Thus this version is inusable for my mobile phone.

Please solve this problem and inform me about a solution of it.

Now I will install the previous version again until there is a proper solution and thus I will be unable to use Google Satellite View and Google Terrain View.

RolfW

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:59 pm

What were the error messages you received? This version is testing fine on our devices?
Also, What version did you upgrade from?

RolfW

Postby RolfW » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:24 pm

This last version just did not wanted to install over the last official version
5.20.72 PathAway 5 Professional Edition. Only after I uninstalled this version and removed all pervious files the prerelease version 5.20.76 could be installed so that a program start was possible. Otherwise after installation if PathAway was started the start screen appeared for a while then I was asked whether I want to use Web Maps and no matter if I answered yes or no the program immediately terminated without any error message.

If I made a complete new install with product registration the initial world image was displayed and the GPS position was also found and displayed. No web maps or any other maps could be loaded.

Error messages were never displayed, the program just did not work properly.

In my first message of this thread I was partly wrong. The terrain view is indeed working with 5.20.72 version the only problem is that maps for terrain view apparently are only available down to not the same resolution like map view and satellite view.

RolfW

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:08 pm

I just discovered that the latest build with the WebMaps fix was actually mis-labeled. It is build 5.20.77 (not .76, there was a problem with this build). Please try the build at http://pathaway.com/prerelease5/ again. Sorry for the inconvenience,
Scott

RolfW

Postby RolfW » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:25 am

Hi Scott,

thank you, this release solved the problem!

Now all web maps can be properly loaded and used.

Rolf

Return to “PathAway 5 PRO for Windows Mobile - Support”