RESOLVED: PA5 doesn`t open any more (Nokia 5800XM)

Forum for questions, problems and sharing information regarding PathAway GPS 5 Express Edition for Symbian
Vieth

RESOLVED: PA5 doesn`t open any more (Nokia 5800XM)

Postby Vieth » Mon May 21, 2012 7:06 pm

Hi Scott,
I`m rather helpless. Since a few days PA5, which has worked fine on my device(Nokia 5800XM)for about 10 months,suddenly doesn´t open no more. Though I uninstalled the application and reinstalled it twice (both on the device`s memory and the memory card)and executed a reset too, the problem remains the same. Precisely the app opens for a short moment of 1 or 2 seconds and then closes again.
I´ve checked the board, but haven´t seen anything similar to the problem mentioned above.
By the way, all other apps and programs installed on the device still work without any prblems.
Do you have any idea?

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Tue May 22, 2012 3:19 am

IF this ever happens, the first strategy should be to remove (or rename), the files with .pwf extension. These are in the C:\Data\PathAway folder.

They contain the preferences settings so they will be reset to the defaults and you'll need to re-enter your registration key.

Vieth

Postby Vieth » Tue May 22, 2012 2:49 pm

Hi Scott, thanks for your immediate answer.
I followed your advice and removed those folders with .pwf extension. As you have described ,the settings were reset to the defaults. I entered my registration-key and the purchase was confirmed. The next step on my - so far - successfull way was the question, whether I would enable PWWebMaps. But having answered that, the program closed again without further notice or screen.
Can you help me once more?

Hi Scott,
I think I`ve got it now! It seems, that there were some older installation files colliding. After removing them (about 30MB more memory on C: !)and reinstalling the the program it works again. Puuuhh!
Thanks for you support.Providently I`ll carry the the registration key with me from now on ... javascript:emoticon(':wink:')

farrpau

Was having same problem

Postby farrpau » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:58 am

Thanks for this info found and deleted the rougue files on the phone memory despite app being installed on memory card, also deleted the downloaded web maps folder (took a while) in case the problen was in their. seems to be working properly again.

Return to “PathAway 5 EXP for Symbian - Support”