how to send my PalmOS maps to Nokia phone?

Forum for questions, problems and sharing information regarding PathAway GPS 5 Express Edition for Symbian
Paulo

how to send my PalmOS maps to Nokia phone?

Postby Paulo » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:19 pm

My old faithful Palm TX quit last week leaving me without PathAway :cry: I am missing it so much that I dowloaded Symbian version to try in my tiny Nokia 6120 screen while I try to fix my TX.

The software seems to have installed ok in smartphone but I can't find any option to send my map collection to it. The MapManager downloaded with version 5 shows only Windows mobile and PalmOS options to send maps. As a matter of fact, it seems to be the very same MapManager version 4. Should I uninstall PathAway GPS 4 for version 5 to work?

PathAway was my much loved travel companion for the last two years, and I travel a lot. If I manage to switch to the smartphone I could even cope with its minute screen. Please answer soon because trial versions 15 days started ticking...

Congrats for your continued wonderful job!

aleksandar777

Re: how to send my PalmOS maps to Nokia phone?

Postby aleksandar777 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:18 pm

Hi,

Connect phone in data transfer mode.
Just copy prc files to MEMORY CARD/Pathaway folder.

Best regards,
Aleksandar

Paulo

Re: how to send my PalmOS maps to Nokia phone?

Postby Paulo » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:43 pm

aleksandar777 wrote:Hi,

Connect phone in data transfer mode.
Just copy prc files to MEMORY CARD/Pathaway folder.

Best regards,
Aleksandar

Thank you very much! It worked fine. :D

Is there a similar way to send my saved Points and Tracks too? I didn't find them in any SD card folder where my maps are, I'm afraid they reside in Palm memory...

aleksandar777

Postby aleksandar777 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:52 pm

You have to import them.
I imported points from KML and GPX files. Maybe PW supports more formats.

First you have to export points from your previous device.
GPSBabel software can read directly from Pathaway database file, pls check for file with extension .pdb on your SD card.

BR,
Aleksandar

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:02 pm

Also note, the PathAway Data Transfer Utility can convert Palm .PDB data to GPX. You can then copy the converted GPX to a memory card and have PathAway import them.

Note, it you place all of the files you want imported into the C:\Data\PathAway\Import folder on your device, then PathAway will automatically proceed to import the data when it starts up.

molodez_tom

Multiple data import

Postby molodez_tom » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:09 pm

Hi Scott,
I'd really like to import more tracks and routes in just one step. It is a lot of taps to do it file by file. By chance I read it should import all files placed in C:\data\PathAway\Import. I tried so and started PathAway but nothing was imported????

Paulo

Multiple data import

Postby Paulo » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:44 am

Scott wrote:Also note, the PathAway Data Transfer Utility can convert Palm .PDB data to GPX. You can then copy the converted GPX to a memory card and have PathAway import them.

Note, it you place all of the files you want imported into the C:\Data\PathAway\Import folder on your device, then PathAway will automatically proceed to import the data when it starts up.

Scott, although a little late, thanks for the tips on importing my Palm tracks. Only today I checked the forum after updating to 5.30 version and saw you had posted a reply. It worked fine, Data Transfer Utility converted all files in a single batch and PathAway imported the files at once from \Import, at least until phone memory got full.

I managed to import some 50% of my tracks but the new PathAwayDBV is taking 33MB of the 43MB available. I can't understand this Symbian OS because 43MB is the Phone Memory (C:) capacity as shown by Nokia Phone Browser, but the folder "data", which is inside that memory, shows 68.2MB size :shock:

I'll try to find a way to release some more memory, but is it possible to install PathAway in the Memory Card? It is so much bigger...
Attachments
data folder.JPG
data folder.JPG (22.71 KiB) Viewed 6074 times
Phone memory.JPG
Phone memory.JPG (22.32 KiB) Viewed 6074 times

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:17 am

You can install PathAway to main memory, and import your data files onto the memory card. If the the memory card is D:\PathAway, then place the source data into the D:\Data\Import folder. This will import the data into the database in the D:\PathAway folder.

Paulo

Postby Paulo » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:42 pm

Hi Scott.

I deleted the previously imported tracks that appear under Options> Data> Tracks... Next I created an Import folder under E:\Data (my Memory Card) and copied there the 23 tracks converted by Data Transfer Utility.

Then I started PathAway but nothing happened, as opposed to yesterday when I used the C:\data\Import folder. I attached a screen with that structure for your appreciation. What am I doing wrong?

BTW, is there a way to tell PathAway to store recorded tracks in the Memory Card instead of Phone Memory?
Attachments
Import folders.JPG
Import folders.JPG (173.91 KiB) Viewed 6067 times

Return to “PathAway 5 EXP for Symbian - Support”