PathAway for iOS editions

Questions and problems
Winterkind

PathAway for iOS editions

Postby Winterkind » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:12 am

Is there some kind of roadmap for the upcoming editions for the PathAway for iOS? Or will there be a possibility to upgrade the license?

I am really looking forward for the upcoming PathAway GPS Express Edition, but the name suggests that there could be a lot more editions to come. And I would rather not buy all of them or wait forever for a standard edition that is not even planed.

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:16 am

Future Editions are possible. The market and user response will dictate what new Editions are released. We have always employed an Upgrade policy so you would not have to pay the full price for an upgrade. We expect this policy to continue for the future.

Winterkind

Postby Winterkind » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:31 am

That's great, thank you! I was afraid that it is hard to offer upgrades within the apple app store.

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:59 pm

YEs, there doesn't seem to be an Upgrade system in the App Store. For the LE to Express upgrade, we'll be offering Express at a discounted price from it's Standard Price for a time period to allow LE users to upgrade without paying the full amount.

gung

Postby gung » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:28 pm

Wouldn't it be possible to load some extra functionality with an In-App-Purchase? I've seen various lite apps which offered an upgrade to the pro version within the app. Also Navigon for example offers several extra functionality like 3D Panorama View or traffic messages by in-app-purchases.

The App Store Quick Reference also states: "You may sell and unlock additional functionality within your application using In App Purchase." http://developer.apple.com/news/ios/pdf/in_app_purchase.pdf giving the "ability to save" as an allowed example.

http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#documentation/NetworkingInternet/Conceptual/StoreKitGuide/Introduction/Introduction.html:
"For example, you could use In App Purchase to implement any of the following scenarios:
- A basic version of your application with additional premium features..."

Of course the initial discount is ok too and a much simpler approach :)

Return to “PathAway for iOS - Support”