Exporting points

Questions and problems
iganiats

Exporting points

Postby iganiats » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:39 am

I was trying to find a way to export my waypoints (or points as pathway refers them) but although i figured it for tracks, i came up empty for points.

So is there a way to export my points to my pc with pathaway or itunes?

If not where exactly are point files stored inside iphone's file system so i can export them with iphone explorer?

PS: It will be usefull if the quality of gps signal is displayed on the main screen like GPS MotionX does and also the current altitude.

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:25 pm

Points can be exported via the Data->Point Databases dialog.
Select a Point database, to view it's details. Then, from the Tools menu choose "Export".

Current Altitude/Elevation is show in the top-left of the Map view screen by default. You can also configure a dashboard item by double tapping on it.

iganiats

Postby iganiats » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:51 pm

Thank you very much.
As for the altitude you re right my mistake.
Shall we wait for the Gps accuracy to be displayed, in a future upgrade?

iganiats

Postby iganiats » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:26 pm

I use the GGRS87 grid system and using email to export my points i ve discovered that coordinates are not in that system but they are exprted as degrees in WGS84 system although in my iphone are at GGRS87 system.

Since working in GGRS87 grid system is important to me and i dont want to use conversion (imagine 50 or more points) is there a way to export points in GGRS87 system?

Return to “PathAway for iOS - Support”