Import *.pdb route file in iPhone Pathaway Expr

Questions and problems
peysson

Import *.pdb route file in iPhone Pathaway Expr

Postby peysson » Thu May 12, 2011 12:03 pm

How to import a *pdb or *gpx or *kmz route file in iPhone Pathaway, as it was possible previously in the Palm (for the *pdb only) ? This convenient, since we can prepare the file on the laptop before quickly and on a big screen ? I tried like for the map unsuccessfully

Thanks

Yves

gung

Postby gung » Thu May 12, 2011 12:11 pm

Have you already tried to put files with these extensions to a *.zip file? When importing the zip-file PathAway decompresses it itself and than should recognize the gpx and kmz route files. It also should be possible to put your route files directly into the PathAway-folder by using Itunes (choose your device, go to the "Apps"-Section, scroll down, choose "PathAway", drop your files there, afterwards they could be choosen in Pathaway via Menu > Data > Import).

peysson

Zip file

Postby peysson » Thu May 12, 2011 9:04 pm

Yes I tried, but nothing append when I launch Pathaway. The file is clearly not recognized. Either I miss something, either their is something wrong.
Sorry
Yves

gung

Postby gung » Thu May 12, 2011 9:55 pm

I very often create my routes on http://www.gpsies.com
The site allows download of the tracks and routes in various formats.
The zip-file at http://daphnia.eu/gps/routesDresden.zip contains the same route in PathAway format *.pwtrk, as gpx-route and as kmz-file.

After import in Pathaway the GPX-route is imported proberly as route, the Pathaway track is imported as track (what isn't a problem since pathaway also is able to follow tracks) and there in deed is a problem with the kmz-file which doesn't occur under tracks nor routes. I don't have a pdb-file for testing but might be a similar problem with that format.

peysson

Pdb file

Postby peysson » Fri May 13, 2011 6:20 pm

Thanks for the reply. The pdb itself is not a problem, because I convert it to gpx or kmz file, from gpsvisualizer.com. So it should be a correct file. I will try and tell you with your file

Yves

peysson

import route or track problem

Postby peysson » Fri May 13, 2011 7:32 pm

I tried to import your route Dresden in the zip. I did the following:

1) copy the zip file in the Pathaway App in iTunes (see the attached file)
2) sync iphone
3) launch Pathaway, and try to open data/route or data/track.

But nothing append in Pathaway ! So the route/tracks are not loaded and recognized by Pathaway. Is there a specific direcrtory where to put them ?
Sorry
Yves
Attachments
iTunesScreen.jpg
Screen of iTunes
iTunesScreen.jpg (108.2 KiB) Viewed 4997 times

gung

Postby gung » Fri May 13, 2011 8:09 pm

The directory you put the zip file is correct.

Afterwards three more steps are required for import:
1) go to the menu, choose "data" and from there "import"
2) choose the *.zip file (will be checked) and press "import selected"
3) choose whether or not you want to delete the source file after import and press "start import"

Afterwards, you can find the routes below menu > data > routes or menu > data > tracks (gpx and pwrtk are ok, kmz doesn't work for me either).

See the screenshots of my phone:

peysson

Finally OK

Postby peysson » Sat May 14, 2011 6:38 pm

Thanks for the advice. It was OK. I check to import zip kml file in itunes, and it was not working. The import see the zip file, but once I click the import in pathaway it crashes. If it is either a kml or gpx file directly (not zipped), it is OK.

Many thanks again for your help
Yves

Return to “PathAway for iOS - Support”