map help

Questions and problems
maineguy

map help

Postby maineguy » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:53 pm

I am very sorry that I do not understand the language used in some of the FAQ sections. I have purchased the pathway express app for my iphone5. I want to be able to look at google earth type satellite images on my phone while in areas where there is no cell signal. Should I hire a rocket scientist to set this up for me? Or should I cut my losses and give up on pathway? Do I have to go to another map website to select the maps I want? Please give me the simplest route with the fewest steps. Or a phone # to call for tech support. Thank you very much

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:18 pm

To use the Google Satellite maps offline, select "Data->Webmaps" and choose the "Source" as "Google", and the type as "Satellite".

The areas on the map that you scroll and zoom to are downloaded and cached offline.

If you have Express Edition, you can choose "Data->Offline Webmaps" to automatically download all resolutions of the area currently being viewed on the map.

maineguy

Postby maineguy » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:53 pm

Scott, Thanks, I guess you don't understand how stupid I am. When I do that, all I get is a white screen covered with the phrase "Error downloading map tile".

Return to “PathAway for iOS - Support”