Tracks corrupt on Ipad if leaving pathaway program and retur

Questions and problems
mr6k

Tracks corrupt on Ipad if leaving pathaway program and retur

Postby mr6k » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:25 pm

The following Ipad screen grab shows the problem. I have drawn in yellow what the original track showed while running the program, when I leave Pathaway to go to the top level IPAD menu screen, and then return to pathaway the track seems to fill between all track points as can be seen in the photo. I have deleted and reloaded pathaway, which annoyed me as i lost all my maps, but the problem is the same. I am running version 5.78.04 on Ipad IOS version 5.1 and have 2.7Gbytes free memory. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong. (it used to be OK, started dong this a couple of months ago.)

cheers

Peter
Attachments
pathaway track error.jpg
pathaway track error.jpg (193.59 KiB) Viewed 4716 times

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:30 pm

You need to update to the latest version 5.80.
This sounds similar to another problem found with tracks that started occurring only recently.

mr6k

Postby mr6k » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:58 pm

Scott,
Thanks for the info.

I guess there is a built in timed "spoiler" in Pathaway as it seems mine corrupted at just the time a newer version was released !

cheers

Peter

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:23 pm

The problem was with a timestamp overflow bug that was triggered at some point this July.

mr6k

Postby mr6k » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:13 pm

Scott,
Thanks for the info.
However having sorted that issue, the latest software has a new niggle.
I used to be able to select activity from several menus, for example trip setup and other trip menus, however the activity is ignored now. The only way seems to be through the route menu an edit of a route and setting activity works but is not held once the ruote is changed to another. Is this a new bug in the latest software.

cheers

Peter

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:21 pm

Thanks for letting me know about this. It has now been fixed for the next build.

mr6k

Postby mr6k » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:35 pm

Hi Scott,

I have further noticed that the problem remained even in route edit if the route had not been changed. i.e. If previously I had gotten it to work by editing a route, if I shut dowm and then reloaded the same route and edited the activity, it did not "take" I had to change to another route and then come back to the original route to get the edit to work. I assume this is also fixed in next release !

When will the fixed release be issued ?

cheers

Peter

Return to “PathAway for iOS - Support”