Track up view instead of North up

Enter ideas to be considered for future versions.
jzambie

Track up view instead of North up

Postby jzambie » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:38 pm

I'm new to this app but I can't seem to find this typical feature anywhere. It would be very handy for my use if the screen could be configured to display the map oriented along my track rather than simply with north at the top all of the time. And along those lines, the best 'track up' displays are the ones where your present position is shown toward the bottom of the display rather than in the center, so that you can see more of the course ahead and less of the course behind you.

Thanks!

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:49 pm

In Settings->Map Display.
Turn on "Track up when connected"

jzambie

Postby jzambie » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:38 am

Hmmm, don't see it. Maybe its because I have the 'lite' version?

I just read about track up somewhere and I think it mentioned that the program only rotates the map in 90 degree increments. True or no? For my purpose of using it in an offroad race I would need it to freely rotate in order for it to do any good. BTW, if the maps are a problem with free rotation, I don't really need them on. Basically what I need is a chartplotter. BTW, the tracks that we follow in our races on Lowrance gps are often 10,000 points long, but all those points are not 'waypoints', they are just breadcrumbs in a trackfile. How will pathaway handle tracks like these?

jzambie

Postby jzambie » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:51 am

Oh and BTW, there are thousands of us desert racers who are stuck paying $600-$2000 for these Lowrance gps units simply so we can follow these 10,000 point track files. If we could figure a way to get an iPad to do the same job reliably you would undoubtedly sell a lot of product. Here is a screenshot of what a typical desert racer is looking at. As you can see its not complicated, but nobody makes an alternative.

Return to “PathAway for iOS - Suggestions”