PRC files

Questions and problems
Patrik

PRC files

Postby Patrik » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:29 pm

Hi
I have just installed Pathaway in my Xperia Z. Then I tried to move my .prc files from my HTC (Windows Mobile). It dosent seem to work. Is there a known problem?
(or am I doing something wrong) :?:

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:25 am

PathAway looks for the files in the sdcard/PathAway folder.
Some devices may use a different root folder, in this case search for the PathAway folder (after running PathAway) and copying the maps there.

Patrik

Postby Patrik » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:34 am

Hi Scott
I have put the files in this folder.
If I try to import them there is an error message.
:?:

/Patrik

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:12 pm

If you put the .prc files in the PathAway folder then they are automatically imported. You don't have to "Import" them.

Just look at the menu->Data->Maps dialog and the maps should be listed there.

Patrik

Postby Patrik » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:50 am

Unfortunately, thats where they are. And they still dosent show in the program.
Any ideas?

/Patrik

Ulmer.Spatz

Postby Ulmer.Spatz » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:45 pm

Patrik

Postby Patrik » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:17 pm

I just tried some BSB files. On startup I get a message that the KAP file cant be read.
I can choose the BSB fil in the menu but it shows nothing.
:?:

/Patrik

motorang

Postby motorang » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:06 am

Just as a late opinion:
The SD card can only accessed EITHER from the PC (to copy files) OR by Android. As long as there is still a USB connection to the phone/handheld, Pathaway can not access the SD card.

Andy

ZehHa

Postby ZehHa » Tue May 14, 2013 10:05 pm

Hi Scott!

quite a while ago, I finally added an android device to my collection of handheld devices. One reason (in fact one of the main reasons) was being able to use PathAway on a more recent device (compared to the old Palm PDAs).

But I have the same problem as Patrick. If I put an .prc file (PathAway Map Manger processed and calibrated from .jpg) into /sdcard/PathAway, it does not show in the Data->Maps Menu.

Currently, I'm using PathAway Express 5.75.13.01 on a Dell Streak 5 running android 2.2.2. Web maps are working just fine, even when offline.

Any clue?

[edit] Allright. My fault. :oops: Had to kill the PathAway app (was running in the background) and restart it. Afterwards the map is shown. :D I leave the posting here, so others can perhaps benefit from this. [/edit]

What map format can be used by the "import" menu option?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Carsten

motorang

Postby motorang » Wed May 29, 2013 7:26 pm

Hi Carsten
as far as I tried it you can import GPX data here (waypoints or routes/tracks) but this is time consuming and deferring stability of the software (it gets very slow with too much gpx data imported) and I experienced a data limit where I had to delete some data to be able to import other data.
So I now only import what I need, and before leaving home I prepare smaller "packets" of gpx data instead of 1 large file where everything lives in.

Example: Going to iceland soon, I have a GPSies track of nearly 3000 waypoints available. I will split that up in single tracks and rename them so I can load only the part I need.

Andy

Patrik

Postby Patrik » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:34 pm

I have now made another effort in this matter. My conclusions are as follows.

- My first BSB files did not work for some unknown reason. I have now tried others and they work fine.
- The first .prc files I tried where compressed. They did not work. Uncompressed files work fine.
- BSB files are very slow on my Xperia Z. .prc files are fast. The best thing is to convert BSB to .prc.

/Patrik

Return to “PathAway for Android - Support”