Calibrate Google Earth Images

Questions and problems regarding map calibration and conversion.

Moderators: Scott, PathAway

PetrB

Calibrate Google Earth Images

Postby PetrB » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:47 pm

Hi,

Version 2 of StitchMaps! enables you to join your single images,
which you have saved in Google Earth,
to a complete map and to even calibrate this.

http://www.stitchmaps.com/

Regards
Petr

Dodger

Postby Dodger » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:56 am

PetraB:

Does StitchMap automatically output the required calibration details for the maps generated? In what format? (For example, is there a function to output the long/lat of the top left and bottom right corners of the resulting "stitched-together" map or something like that?)

Dodger

linksmask1

Postby linksmask1 » Sun May 20, 2007 11:06 pm

Stitchmaps can output a number of calibration files, including touratech QV 4 and Fugawi along with the map image. The program makes downloading and creating google maps for pathaway very easy (i used fugawi calibration).

Anders

Postby Anders » Thu May 24, 2007 11:07 am

Really great tool! I use it with TTQV calibration. After creating the Pathaway maps I run the little program MapMaster (can be found at http://forum.pocketnavigation.de/thread ... id=1034988) witch creates rectangles in Google Earth showing the map coverage together with the map name. The documentation for MapMaster is in German, but is just one line so I think non-Germans will figure out how to run it quite easy :)
Note that MapMaster only works with maps created in TTQV!
I made maps from Santo Domingo in Dominican Republic to test and used eye alt = 5000m and 8X8 tiles with good result.

Return to “Calibrating Maps”