Download Track Data to Excel

Discussion regarding the PathAway Data Transfer Utility for Windows.
MidlandDeltic

Download Track Data to Excel

Postby MidlandDeltic » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:46 pm

Hi

Recently purchased the programme, and I am happy with the operation on my Palm Tungsten E2. However, I have an issue with the data transfer facility.

I previously used a Garmin 12 GPS, and when uploaded the data included speed. It does not appear to be possible to export this information from Pathaway. Unfortunately, my main use for GPS is to record speeds and review them.

Am I missing something in Pathaway, or is it not possible to save the speed data. The manual is, shall we say, brief on the whole issue.

Regards

Sean

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:35 pm

Speed data is not usually stored since it is easily calculated by using the time and distance difference between track points.

PathAway stores the location and time for each track point when exporting data.

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:05 am

Hi

It is not easy to see the work out the distance travelled. Each line of the report looks like this;

53.1460133 -7.1804367 244.749918 185540 18122007 0

I assume this is Lat, Long, ???, Time/Date, ????

Using Lat and Long is not easy to quickly work out distance, as Lon distances are not constant, and thus speed, due to projection issues.

Looks like I'll have to look elsewhere. The only reason I have left my Garmin was that is it serial only, whereas my new PC is USB.

Sean

Return to “PathAway Data Transfer Utility”