Smaller Fonts for Dashboard

Enter ideas to be considered for future versions.

Moderator: Scott

Sven

Smaller Fonts for Dashboard

Postby Sven » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:46 am

Hi,

would it be possible to provide a smaller font for the dashboard-items?
I like very much the small font for the 'Closest Point' in the map-view. It would be great to have this font also available for the dashboard.

Thanks & Greets,

Sven

ZehHa

Postby ZehHa » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:18 pm

Hello Sven!

Did you try "Set Font..."? You can modify the font size in four steps for any item in the first row (numbers), and in three steps for those in the second row (units, missing the largest font). If you are talking about the coordinates in the lower left corner, they show in the small font that is already provided. Any other dashboard item can be set to show in the same small size.

In my opinion, the smallest font is small enough, I don't see the need for a smaller one (my personal opinion).

But if you say "pleeeeease" quite nicely, maybe Scott will think about this...

Regards

Carsten

Sven

Postby Sven » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:48 am

Hi ZehHa,

I tried 'Set Font' and here's the problem: I have only 3 steps for both rows. The smallest font is the normal Palm-OS font. Other the 'Closest Points' in the map. Both rows (Waypoint-Name and Dinstance) are shown with a nice small font.
I use a Treo 680. What's your device?

Please, Scott, give me the small font also for the dashboard; it would be great!

Greets,

Sven

ZehHa

Postby ZehHa » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:38 pm

Hi Sven!

What do you see in the "Memos" application when you select "Preferences" and "Font"? On my TX there is a selection of four font sizes, these are the built in ones. If you see only three sizes, we should expect this being a Treo 650 issue, and not a matter of Scott Northmore's Pathaway.

Other applications provide their own fonts (like iambic'c Agendus, e.g. a very small one to show the whole year's calendar on the display), but in my opinion it would be quite an overload for Pathaway to provide it's own fonts.

Kind regards

Carsten

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:22 am

The extra large font is not a complete character set. It contains only numeric values which is why it is available only for some data.

The smallest font is the smallest standard Palm character set.

Good suggestion to include a set of custom fonts though.

Sven

Postby Sven » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:42 am

Attached a screenshot to clarify my request.

You see the closest point in a small font, while the dashboard-items like time are in the smallest font larger on the screen.

It seems, that the points in the map are already drawn with a special-font, while the dashboard-items are shown only with the stardard palm fonts.

btw: What's with the HDOP; any chance to have this shown in a following release?

Greets,

Sven
Attachments
Snap-C3C58186.gif
Font
Snap-C3C58186.gif (33.28 KiB) Viewed 5479 times

jp

Postby jp » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:18 am

Hi

I find the idea good. Thanks Sven for formulating the request.

JP

jp

Postby jp » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:18 am

Hi

I find the idea good. Thanks Sven for formulating the request.

JP

Return to “PathAway GPS 4 SE for Palm OS - Suggestions”