PathAway 5 for PalmOS

Enter ideas to be considered for future versions.

Moderator: Scott

ZehHa

PathAway 5 for PalmOS

Postby ZehHa » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:17 pm

Hi Scott!

I will deliberately and patiently wait for PathAway 5 for Palm OS. And I am sure, you will sell more than the one lincense I certainly would order. :wink:

Regards

Carsten

PiDiEy

Postby PiDiEy » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:41 pm

Hi Scott,
I'm waiting too......

Regards Stefan

tuxpost

Postby tuxpost » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:55 am

Here is the third license. 8)

Guenther Erhard

Postby Guenther Erhard » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:31 am

I'd order the new license for sure, but frankly:
I'd like rather have a really stable version 4 than getting through all the bug fixing again with a version 5. Most important features are implemented now, so except for eye candy I miss nothing.

When the occassional resets at leaving PW are solved I'm more than happy.

@Scott: If you can send me a debug version I'd be happy to assist you in fixing the last remaining bugs in version 4. I'm pretty sure that some unfreed memhandle or similar is causing the resets. But without having more information in "trace" I'm lost.

Guenther
Last edited by Guenther Erhard on Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZehHa

Postby ZehHa » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:18 pm

Guenther Erhard wrote:When the occassional resets at leaving PW are solved I'm more than happy.
You will have this experience with any program that makes heavy use of dbcache ressources. Fragmentation of the dbcache leads to decreasing chunk sizes, which sooner or later will make it impossible to allocate a decent size of dbcache space. There are no PalmOS tools other than a softreset to perform a total dbcache cleanup.

You can try to limit the number of soft resets by frequent use of flushit! (or similar tools), by not using memory eating background apps like pTunes, and limitating the number of memory resident system tools by using CleanStart (or similar tools). I had a very small number of soft resets on my 5000+ km PathAway guided sidecar motorbike trip from Germany to Greece and back.

macro

Postby macro » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:11 am

are there plans for pathaway 5 for palm os ?

Return to “PathAway GPS 4 SE for Palm OS - Suggestions”