Symbian support...

Enter general ideas or complaints to be considered for future versions.

Moderators: Scott, PathAway

ErikEngerd

Symbian support...

Postby ErikEngerd » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:07 am

Hi,

It looks like Symbian (smart phones) are really taking off in the market. Therefore, are there any plans to support Symbian in the future?

Cheers
Erik

Delago

Re: Symbian support...

Postby Delago » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:25 pm

Hi,
ErikEngerd wrote:It looks like Symbian (smart phones) are really taking off in the market. Therefore, are there any plans to support Symbian in the future?

Having a Nokia N95 with a built-in GPS receiver it would be great for me if PathAway supports the Symbian OS.
So I am very interested in such a PathAway version.

Greetings
Werner

pbruck

Postby pbruck » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:41 pm

Hello,
i own an Nokia E90 with built in GPS.
And i own Tourateq Quo Vadis Power User V4. I will be VERY interested to use both apps together and to benefit from the great possibilitys of Pathaway.
Symbian Smartphones are very popular and often used.
Will you release an Pathawy for Symbian esp. S60V3 in the Future?

white-mike

Postby white-mike » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:50 pm

Hi
i'm using nokia e90 and looking for an offroad application.
Are their plans to make pathaway available .
Would be nice because i'm ttqv v4 user as well

Lookin at the market there are some changes going on:

Garmin XT was announced on symbian.

Even if you don't like symbian Nokia is the biggest make and their mobile do all have integrated GPS-chips.

Chris-70

Postby Chris-70 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:42 am

Hi

I own a Nokia N73 + MobileXt + GPS Garmin10x and it works great, but I also own a 4x4 (Suzuki Grand Vitara) and would like to use the Path Away software for Symbian.

Do you know if there is some Intersting to develop this software ??

Thanks

ZehHa

PathAway for Symbian

Postby ZehHa » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:03 am

Hello Scott!

I would like to add one more posting with the wish for Symbian support.

Consider this: the market for "pure" PDAs is already very small and still decreasing. The former PDA-developers and producers (including Palm) all went to smartphones by either adding phone functions to PDAs or PDA-functions to mobile phones. And the market share of SymbianOS smartphones is 73%! I am one of those who owns a Symbian Series 60 as an extension to my Palm T|X.

Regards and thanks for this great piece of software!

Carsten Hütter

liyang

Postby liyang » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:31 am

Hi,

Just to add my voice to the request: I'm transitioning away from my Palm TX to a Nokia E61 as my PDA/phone combo. (It's still lacking in some respects as far as a PDA goes but I find it more preferable to carry only one device around. Anyway, that's another rant.)

Would be nice if I could get PathAway for the phone…

FWIW, Symbian has always been the market leader for smartphones, I'm almost certain.

Cheers,
/Liyang

PS: in the same vein, would you consider iPhone support too? I expect I might want to move to that some time in the future, and Apple are going to release an SDK come March… I mean, you could even start development using just the desktop OS in the meantime.

tsoutseos

Postby tsoutseos » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:15 pm

I would also like to see a symbian version of Pathaway. The platform is extremely popular here in Europe and most new Nokia devices come with GPS support and they include ways to navigate in a terain as Google maps but still pathaway is a leading application on this field

femto

Postby femto » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:16 pm

Yeah,

my colleague and I (both Nokia users with internal and external GPS) would also offer to be beta testers for a Symbian version of PathAway.

BTW, I'm also an addicted user of TTQV... :wink:

~ HD ~

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:48 am

PathAway GPS 5 Express Edition for Symbian Smartphones has now been released. See http://pathaway.com/PWSymbian.htm

hainguyen178

i 'm not sure

Postby hainguyen178 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:24 am

I'm using a symbian phone - Nokia E63, it's good, but a lot of information show that symbian will not be developed any more due to the development of other operating system nowadays.

Return to “General Suggestions”