let marker stay at real position

Enter general ideas or complaints to be considered for future versions.

Moderators: Scott, PathAway

steenkh

Postby steenkh » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:47 pm

Scott wrote:When you manually scroll the screen, the Arrow pointer will show your current location and another symbol (the + target) will highlight the center of the screen.

Can I ask, why did leave a symbol at the center of the screen? I am a newbie with Pathaway, so I do not know if the center has any special function, but currently this marker just clutters the center of the screen to no purpose. I would rather have a pointer at the edge pointing me in the direction of my position.

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:57 am

The indicator is there to show the point that will be used if you act on the map by not tapping on it.

Ie. "Add Point" from the Toolbar, then that center location is the location that will be used to add the point.

steenkh

Postby steenkh » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:37 pm

Thank you. I did not realise this. It makes sense.

It also explains why you allow the cursor, or the center of the screen to move to the edge of the map, or even beyond.

zamzon

Postby zamzon » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:39 pm

Scott wrote:This is a highly requested feature. Look for it in a future version.

Yes, I (still) do since 5 (FIVE!) years.
(Having the marker not only at the center and staying there while map moves. Manually or even automatic, depending on speed and direction)

Thomas.

Return to “General Suggestions”