Can Pathaway be run under Classic App on Palm Pre?

Forum for questions and problems regarding PathAway GPS 4 SE for Palm OS

Moderator: Scott

James

Can Pathaway be run under Classic App on Palm Pre?

Postby James » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:03 pm

Well what do you think? Can this App run under the PalmOS emmulator, "Classic" on the new Palm WebOS

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:36 am

While we have not tried PathAway on the Palm Pre, it should work in Classic mode EXCEPT, Classic applications do not have access to the device peripherals such as Bluetooth, internal GPS, or Serial Port. So you would not be able to do any GPS navigation. If you need it only for browsing maps then I would hope it would run.

I strongly recommend moving to Windows Mobile platform. We're continuing development on Windows Mobile. There is no charge for anyone who wants to move their license over from PalmOS to Windows Mobile.

alonhzn

Postby alonhzn » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:54 pm

What about native webOS Pathaway in the future?

ZehHa

Postby ZehHa » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:21 pm

Scott wrote:While we have not tried PathAway on the Palm Pre, it should work in Classic mode EXCEPT, Classic applications do not have access to the device peripherals such as Bluetooth, internal GPS, or Serial Port. So you would not be able to do any GPS navigation. If you need it only for browsing maps then I would hope it would run.

I strongly recommend moving to Windows Mobile platform. We're continuing development on Windows Mobile. There is no charge for anyone who wants to move their license over from PalmOS to Windows Mobile.
October 13th, O2 Germany started shipping the Palm Pre. Now I'm having my own Pre. Pathaway works just as expected, showing maps, but there is no GPS connection.

Scott: I'm pretty sure you wouldn't get any of the hard core PalmOS users switching to WinMob. A couple of members of the German PalmOS community tried WinMob, some with a Palm device, some with other brands. Almost none of them sticked to WinMob. Quite a larger number switched to Android, or some other Linux/Unix based smartphone (some of them even to the, you know, the one from the company with the almost eaten fruit as a logo...). But I'm sure you will find some more clients by porting PathAway 5 to webOS.

Just my 2 Canadian cents... :wink:

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:17 pm

Another alternative:
Coming up soon is the Symbian version of PathAway. See our Newsletter announcement at http://pathaway.com/newsletters/Oct2009 ... Coming.htm

bwims

Please do android!

Postby bwims » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:02 pm

Scott wrote:Another alternative:
Coming up soon is the Symbian version of PathAway. See our Newsletter announcement at http://pathaway.com/newsletters/Oct2009 ... Coming.htm

Hi Scott,

please tell us that Android is in the works!

Best regards,

Brian Williams

Return to “PathAway GPS 4 SE for Palm OS - Support”