sound and alarms ?

Forum for questions and problems regarding PathAway GPS 4 SE for Palm OS

Moderator: Scott

yvon

sound and alarms ?

Postby yvon » Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:50 pm

Hi,

using 4.00.26 : when I go to the Preferences/Alarm, I activate only "GPS Fix acquired" and "GPS Fix Lost", but when I go in the "Detail" screen, nothing is working as I think it should :

the button with ... (what is it supposed to do, not described in the help) takes me back to Alarm Screen, like "Cancel".

When I select a sound number from 1 to 14, and I hit the "Play" button : nothing happen, no sound, nothing.

After investigation, I've found that these alarms are globally managed by the "game sound" system preference : so I have to turn "game sound" on to get the Pathaway alarms...maybe deserve to be put in the help...

but still, the (...) button does nothing...

FredenFromSweden

Postby FredenFromSweden » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:54 am

I was just about it post a question about this too. I'm assuming it is suppose to work like the sounds do in Points, but just hasn't been implemented yet.

Minjin

Postby Minjin » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:38 pm

PathAway use the game sounds system, be sure the game sound system is on.

It works for me !

PS: sorry for my bad english

fabioal

sounds

Postby fabioal » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:25 am

there is way to personalize the sounds, aside from the 14 by defect? excusenme the English, I am Latin American thanks .....

esbark

Using My Own Sounds

Postby esbark » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:57 am

Can anyone tell me how to get the program to play my own sounds. !!! what extension are they ?? and where do I put them. ?? In what folder do the existing sounds 1-14 live?? and what extension are they.??

The latest release seems to have resolved some of the alarm issues but I cannot see any help on this topic. lots of people seem to be talking about it in one form or another.

HELP

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:16 pm

There appears to be a problem with the GPS Fix Acquired and lost Alarm Configure dialog. We're looking into a fix for this.

esbark

Sounds

Postby esbark » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:14 pm

Scott,

Thank you for the quick response. I am pleased that you read my post but I am NOT concerned with the GPS alarms. I want to associate my own sound with a point and I am at a loss as to how to do it.

Please help me on this one as the program is performing excellently for me and adding a sound is my final step to perfection.

ESBARK

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:45 am

- On Palm OS, the sounds need to be .WAV format. These can recorded from any PC using sound recorder. You can place the .wav files on an SD card, and select them from the Alarm Configure dialog.

- The numbered sounds are built into the software so are not accessable outside of PathAway.

Note, build 4.00.50 fixes the problem with selecting and playing the GPS Fix alarms.

esbark

sounds

Postby esbark » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:08 pm

Thank you Scott thats the info that I wanted

I will download the latest version tonight.

Esbark

Return to “PathAway GPS 4 SE for Palm OS - Support”