Missing routing points in 4.00.80

Forum for questions and problems regarding PathAway GPS 4 SE for Windows Mobile

Moderator: Scott

Framisch

Missing routing points in 4.00.80

Postby Framisch » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:24 pm

Hi,

in the last days I created some routes with TTQV and transferred it to Pathaway. Each route had hundreds of route points. After that I checked the routes in PA if the routes and maps are ok. And thereby I missed some points. I found out that points 100, 200, 300 etc. are not visible in the line of the route. Point 99 is connected to point 101, 199 to 201 and so forth. When I insert or delete some points before, the faulty points go backwards resp. forwards. At navigation with the GPS simulation the points were addressed. I used PA 4.00.80 on an IPAQ 2210 with Windows Mobile 2003. The GPS is the GPSlim 236 from Holux.

Some additional questions:

I have a PA database with a size of about 2MB but it is nearly empty and I want it to compress. I tried “rebuild all” resp. “rebuild database”, but the size didn’t change. Is there any way to decrease the database size?

Since some months I often have problems with the odometer values, with or without track recording on. At the beginning of the track the value is ok, but after a short time it shows 5600km or so. Can a faulty database be responsible for that?

Best regards

Michael
Attachments
Point100_Problem.pdf
(91.65 KiB) Downloaded 174 times

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:34 pm

We'll check into the Point 100 problem.

Regarding the compression of a database, this is a Windows Mobile OS problem.
- In Windows Mobile 5-6, the database is automatically compressed when the program is started. So if you exit the program and restart it, your database will be compressed. If your databases are not compressed after doing this, then check with your Device Manufacturer for an OS update.
- In Windows Mobile 2002, 2003 databases are not compressed. This is a recognized bug in WM 2002, 2003. There may be fix for this if you check with your hardware manufacturer. We will likely provide a workaround for this in the future.

The odometer value sounds like a problem that was fixed in an earlier version. Please see if it occurs on the latest version now.

Framisch

Postby Framisch » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:00 pm

Hello Scott,

as I mentioned above, I use the PA version 4.00.80 but the odo-error is still or again there! Because of this problem I did a hard reset and installed the software again. I choosed the CAB-file full installation.

The first track recording by foot was ok, but during the second one the odometer shows the faulty value of 5640km. At home I found out a method to generate this failure again with a great probability. If it is helpful for you I can send the database with detailed description to you via email.

Best regards

Michael

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:31 pm

Yes please send me the description and DB. If it can be reproduced here, we can fix it.

Return to “PathAway GPS 4 SE for Windows Mobile - Support”