Empty pop-up "message boxes?"

Forum for questions and problems regarding PathAway GPS 4 SE for Windows Mobile

Moderator: Scott

buzz

Postby buzz » Thu May 22, 2008 2:37 am

Scott,

While navigating around in the car with full map screen showing my location and other info displaying okay, a one-line-high message window with an X-button on the right side appears near bottom of the display. A few times, I have seen useful info fly by quickly in the message area (fix:blah, sats:11, blah, blah). But usually, it is empty and either I must press a keyboard button to clear it or a long period passes (while the gps is basically hung and no updates). When the message window hangs, there is no text in it and is very annoying. Is this a bug?

This is on Moto Q9c with WM 6.0 and PathAway 4.00.83.

EDIT -- added pictures of screen before and during error message. I hope this problem can be addressed, the software has such promise.

Thanks,
--buzz
Attachments
withMsgLine.jpg
Error (With blank message line)
withMsgLine.jpg (32.12 KiB) Viewed 4633 times
noMsgLine.jpg
Normal (no message line displayed)
noMsgLine.jpg (31.78 KiB) Viewed 4633 times

buzz

Postby buzz » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:20 am

I wonder if Pathaway is trying to connect to the internet during these dead periods? If I turn off EVDO network (for testing), I will get a message from Windows Mobile 6 about turning it back on if running Pathaway. I say "no" and then Pathaway pops-up the blank message (and then seems to lose the GPS connection). I have the Standard version of Pathaway so do not know why it would be trying to connect to the internet (and I'm not certain it is, but looks possible).

Thanks,
--buzz

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:26 pm

PathAway is definitely not trying to connect to the Internet, however, it is possible that the GPS Device driver is.

Are you using "Windows Mobile Protocol" or NMEA ?

buzz

Postby buzz » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:25 pm

I'm using the "Windows Mobile GPS" protocol.
buzz

Return to “PathAway GPS 4 SE for Windows Mobile - Support”