gpx export

Forum for questions and problems regarding PathAway GPS 4 SE for Windows Mobile

Moderator: Scott

stefan

gpx export

Postby stefan » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:55 pm

is there any way to export a track/route in a decent format? like when i meet someone (eg a garmin person) on the road and want to give him some of my tracks? or when i'm on the road and want to upload my tracks somewhere? .pwtrk just doesnt do the trick... nobody else can read it.

stefan.

girlich

Postby girlich » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:15 pm

As I already wrote in the thread http://pathaway.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=773, I wrote a trivial Perl script pwtrk2gpx for the gpsPhoto project to convert pwtrk files into GPX files. You can download it from http://gps2photo.cvs.sourceforge.net/*c ... vision=1.2
It is a Perl script, which makes it a bit unusable on the road. There is a PocketPC Perl but a native conversion program would be better. I'll look into the PocketPC programming. If it is not too difficult, maybe I'll generate a native version but in fact PathAway itself should export GPX in the first place.

Ahto

Postby Ahto » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:59 am

PathAway really needs export functions to some public file format like GPX.

Currently I also use TTQV and that is my only program that can import from PathAway. However, TTQV's PathAway import is very problematic -- every time it imports ALL PathAway databases, there is no way to import only one of them, eg active database. And then it will just mix data from all PathAway databases into one TTQV database. Really stupid.

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:56 am

We have just added GPX and LOC export on the handheld side. (See Options->Point databases, Routes, or Tracks dialog. menu Database->Export...
This is in build 4.00.59

It will be added to the command line converter soon.

Return to “PathAway GPS 4 SE for Windows Mobile - Support”