PathAway GPS 4 - Standard Edition has now been released for both Palm OS and Windows Mobile/Pocket PC platforms. The release version is 4.00.25. Please check back on a regular basis as we are continuing to improve the software daily.
Here are some of the exciting new features added for PathAway 4:
- Multimedia Points: Add Photos and Sound to captured points. Included support for Camera phones for Photo capture. Click on points and play their sound or display the picture. Proximity indicator shows a thumbnail of the nearest point (if there). Click on the thumbnail for a full view of the picture.
- Track Up Navigation: Automatic or manual Map rotation in 90 degree increments. Set your map to automatically rotate to your direction of travel.
- New View Screens: GPS Sky View, Satellite Data View, and Compass View. GPS Status views let you see the strength of your GPS signals. Compass view provides large size graphical display compass showing heading, steer course, turn instructions and more...
- Goto Location: Enter specific location coordinates to position map
- PocketMode Feature : You can now track via your GPS, and save battery life at the same time. Once you enter PocketMode, PathAway turns off the screen (or backlight depending on device), and locks the keys but continues to record GPS data to your track log. If you using a Bluetooth GPS, simply connect the GPS, enter Pocket Mode, and put the handheld in your Pocket! No need to worry about accidentally hitting keys to issue unwanted commands. Use the special key sequence (or power button) to exit Pocket mode and return to the View screen.
- Split Track Here: "Click on a track point and "Split" the track into two at the selected point. Great for dividing up lengthy tracks that only need to be in separate segments.
- Calibrate by 3 or More Known Points: Now you can Calibrate maps that do not have horizontal and vertical longitude and latitude lines, and do not have a known projection. PathAway 4 features new algorithms to accurately calibrate maps by choosing 3 or more known points. Map no longer needs to have perfectly horizontal latitude and vertical longitude lines. Calibration can be done via Map Manager, or on the handheld by selecting the known points on the map.
- Primary and Secondary Position Coordinate Display: Choose two different Position coordinates to display on the dashboard. Now you can show both lat/long and UTM (or any other supported Grid format) at the same time. Or choose a different Datum to display in.
- Select Any Datum or Grid format for display: Previously, You could only display the datum used by the current map. Now you can select any datum for use on the display. Even select different datum's for primary and secondary coordinates.
- New Coordinate Grids: Quebec-MTM, MGA, GGRS87, Swedish Grid, Irish grid, Israel Grid
- New Datum's: RT90, GD94, EGSA87
- Toolbar Hide/Show: Expand your view of the screen by hiding the toolbar. Windows Mobile versions can hide the toolbar, or the top Taskbar to give you the entire screen for viewing. On Windows Mobile, now hide the Top Taskbar as well.
- Manual And Proximity based Route Point Targeting: Manual means user must select "Advance Route Point" before PathAway will target the next point in sequence. Proximity means you must enter within a proximity of a route point before the next point will be automatically targeted.
- Measure distance between 2 points: Want to know the distance between 2 points on the map? Simply select Measure... from the Popup menu, and click on the 2 points.
- Large size Icon and Text Menu display: Double the size of the icons for better viewing, or enlarge the text on the menus for arms-length viewing, or easier finger selection.
- Coordinate Grid Lines on Map: Show the latitude and longitude lines on the map. Automatically determines best gapping between lines to keep the screen uncluttered.
- Import GPS data from Data Logger NMEA file: Download data logged in your Data Logger GPS, (I.e.. RoyalTek BlueGPS.) and import the NMEA file directly into PathAway.
- Support for SDIO GPS: Now use your SDIO slot as you GPS receiver. Direct support for SDIO GPS devices added. Ie. Stellus StarNet SDIO GPS.
- New Data Import Formats: GPX, LOC Supported via PathAway PC Conversion Tools, or handheld from the new "Import..." option via Database dialogs. Great for GeoCache users.
- Elevation alarms and warnings: Receive audible alerts when you rise above or fall below specified elevations in relation to the track or route you're following.
- GPS fix acquired and lost alarms: Receive audible alerts when a GPS fix is acquired or lost.
- Custom Alarm Sounds: Add your own sound clips to be used for any of the available alarms. Even attach a sound to a specific point to be played as the "in-proximity" sound.
- On-Map Display of Estimated Travel Time: PathAway displays the ETE on the map by showing rings indicating the time to reach points on the map. By default, ETEs are set in 1,2, 5, 10, 30, and 60 minute intervals. Customizable in the Preferences>Time dialog.
- GPS Connection Retrys: Option to maintain trying to connect to GPS even if communications are temporarily lost.
- Set Speed and distance decimal precision: Now modify the decimal places to show on the screens used for reporting distances. Preferences-System.
- Depth Tracking: Option to record "Depth" (if available) in elevation data field instead of altitude. Preferences-System.
- "Auto Detect" baud rate: Turn on Auto Detect, and system will cycle through baud rates until if begins to receive a valid stream. GPS Configure Dialog
- Elevation Correction: Automatically adjust elevation to correct for SIRF II Elevation error, or set a fixed elevation adjustment to be applied to all elevation data received from GPS.
The following features have been added to PathAway GPS 4 for Palm OS. These features already exist in the PathAway GPS 3.1 for Windows Mobile:
- Folders Management: Select Folders on Storage cards for accessing maps and Data.
- Bluetooth Detection: Remember last Bluetooth Device connection.
- Hard Key Mapping: customize or disable the hard key buttons
- Time zones: Now select in 1/2 hr increments.
- New Dashboard info: Time to Next point, Time to next Turn.
- GPS Configure-Advanced Options: Added option to set the timeout between checking GPS data, and communications buffer size.
- Line to Next Point, Line to Next Turn, Circle Next point: In Preferences-Map Display, options to show/hide Line to Next Point, Line to Next Turn, Circle Next point and turn using Proximity distance parameters.
- Calculate Area of a Route or Track: Track or route must be set as Activated, or Follow. Context menu (click on map) Route Menu > Calculate Area or Track Menu > Calculate Area.
- Pinpoint feature to improve the accuracy of a captured point. Stand still and take multiple samples to average the current location, and pinpoint the accuracy.
Note: Some of these features already exist in PathAway GPS 3 for Windows Mobile. PathAway GPS 4 now has identical functionality for both Windows Mobile and Palm OS platforms.
Information on new Software Releases and events
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest