How to open track/route created in Google Earth?

Forum for questions, problems and sharing information regarding PathAway GPS 5 Express Edition for Symbian
trdi

How to open track/route created in Google Earth?

Postby trdi » Thu May 27, 2010 9:29 pm

Hi!
Few days ago i purchase PathAway for Symbian and I use it on my Nokia N78. Everything is OK, but I don´t know how to use track that I create in GE.

Here is that track:
http://rapidshare.com/files/392178917/d ... a.kml.html

I save it on SD card in PathAway folder. When I open PathAway on Nokia I go to Data - Tracks - Import - Memory card - select that route - then I have option to chose - C:\data\PathAway, D:\PathAway, E:\PathAway - I have try with all options! It looks like it will open something, but its not.

This option is wery important to me, can you please explain me whar should I do to use this track on PathAway?

Thanx!

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Mon May 31, 2010 9:43 pm

Hi,
I tried your track. For import, it's structure is slightly different then PathAway is expecting. PathAway looks for tracks and routes inside a <folder> command. We will look into adding the capabilities to support a kml such as yours.

Note: If you do an Export to KML you can see the structure of the kml file that PathAway uses.

trdi

Postby trdi » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:03 pm

Do you have any suggestion how to create track/route in GE so it can be opened and functional in PathAway? And do you know when it will be implement in PathAway that option so it will be possible to open that kind of file?

That option is very important to me, and I appeal for fast solution.

trdi

Postby trdi » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:06 pm

I tried to solve this problem by compare kml & gpx files after export them from PathAway, but I didnt manage to do anything.

Is there any way to create track in Google Earth and convert it to work in PathAway? I use topographic maps with GE so GE is only program for me to work with.

Best regards

trdi

Postby trdi » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:10 pm

And still no answer??

On last MTB ride ( 140km ) i draw a route directley on topographic map in PhotoShop, and then convert it with Map Tool. I opened it in PathAway on mobile phon, and follow that route. It is not routable, so I must check from time to time am I on correct path.

Still... I am waiting for answer and solution for this issue.

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:58 pm

We have added the compatibily to import Google Earth drawn lines. (They are imported as Tracks). They will be available in the next build. (probably some time next week)

Meantime, by adding the "Folder" to the lines. It should have worked. If you send me the .kml file, I'll have a look at it to see what the problem is.

trdi

Postby trdi » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:47 am

Hi,
Thank you for adding this option, I believe that I am not the only one that use it.

I will wait that new build with temptation! .kml file for example is in my first post, but I will wait new build, and then try with new track from Google Earth.

Thanx!

trdi

Postby trdi » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:57 pm

Scott wrote:We have added the compatibily to import Google Earth drawn lines. (They are imported as Tracks). They will be available in the next build. (probably some time next week)

Meantime, by adding the "Folder" to the lines. It should have worked. If you send me the .kml file, I'll have a look at it to see what the problem is.

Hi,

Is there any chance for new ( mentioned ) build to be finished and put on the web this month?

Thanx!

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:28 am

A pre-release build has been posted at http://pathaway.com/prerelease5/

Draw a line in Google Earth. Save as a KML file. Import the KML file into PathAway as a Track.

trdi

Postby trdi » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:42 am

Hi!

Thank you for link, but I cannot find Symbian version. I have Nokia N78 ( Symbian OS, S60 rel. 3.2 ). :?

Can you please post direct link for Symbian version?

Thanks!

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:28 pm

Sorry, Symbian pre-release builds must be locked to an IMEI. To do this, you'll need to join our beta testers program by filling in the form by clicking HERE.

If you're already a member, the pre-release build can be downloaded at http://pathaway.com/prerelease5/symbian.

trdi

Postby trdi » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:01 pm

I just fulfill application form to become a beta tester. I hope you will accept my application.

trdi

Postby trdi » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:16 pm

I downloaded new beta version 5.30(4) and try do install it on N78, but i get an error message that it´s not possible to install application. I have previous version 5.21(0) install in phone memory, and I didn´t deinstall it before trying to install new version. In process of installing new version I was asked do I want to replace old version with new - yes, phone or card - phone - paf, error - installation is not possible.

N78 data
software version: 21.002
sw date: 03.10.2009.
adapted version: 21.002.051.1
date of adapted version: 02.18.2009.

aleksandar777

Re: How to open track/route created in Google Earth?

Postby aleksandar777 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:56 pm

trdi wrote:Hi!
Few days ago i purchase PathAway for Symbian and I use it on my Nokia N78. Everything is OK, but I don´t know how to use track that I create in GE.

Here is that track:
http://rapidshare.com/files/392178917/d ... a.kml.html

I save it on SD card in PathAway folder. When I open PathAway on Nokia I go to Data - Tracks - Import - Memory card - select that route - then I have option to chose - C:\data\PathAway, D:\PathAway, E:\PathAway - I have try with all options! It looks like it will open something, but its not.

This option is wery important to me, can you please explain me whar should I do to use this track on PathAway?

Thanx!

Hi trdi,

I managed to load tracks...

1. I converted your kml to gpx with GPSBabel
2. I copied gpx file to mem card (nokia n95)
3. Options/Data/Tracks/Options/Import select GPX file - in Pathaway

Importing was a little bit long, phone hanged a little but imported all 15 parts.

Pozdrav,
Aleksandar :)

Return to “PathAway 5 EXP for Symbian - Support”