Pathaway 5.56.03

Questions and problems
neldot

Pathaway 5.56.03

Postby neldot » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:18 pm

Hi,
as one of the first customer of this Android version of Pathaway, as a beta tester and as an old user of Pathaway on various platform, let me say first that this Android version of Pathaway is absolutely a gorgeous experience on my Samsung Galaxy S2. :-)

However, there is still room for little fixes/improvements in my on-road experience:

1) the zoom limitation introduced in the last versions causes problems in switching between maps of the same zone with different scales. In particular, the program doesn't auto-switch to larger or smaller scale maps, when pressing the + and - buttons but remains stuck with the same map.

2) A function that I would need very much (and it's present on pathaway express for symbian) is elevation correction, because gps elevation data is just a projection, and always needs to be corrected initially, depending on the zone.

3) The last suggestion, but probably this one will be implemented only in standard version (i will upgrade to it whenever will be released). In my experience, it was very useful the micro-adjustement of custom maps calibration directly on device.

Thank you for this wonderful software and keep up the good work!
Antonello :D

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:58 pm

Hi Antonello,
For 1. Can you send me 2 sample maps that illustrate this problem. I'm not able to reproduce it.

Yes 2 is a feature for the more advanced versions (working on)

3. Elevation Correction will be added very soon to the Settings->Tracking dialog.

neldot

Postby neldot » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:25 am

Scott wrote:Hi Antonello,
For 1. Can you send me 2 sample maps that illustrate this problem. I'm not able to reproduce it.

Yes 2 is a feature for the more advanced versions (working on)

3. Elevation Correction will be added very soon to the Settings->Tracking dialog.

Hi Scott,
thank you for the answers. :)

I will try to send you sample maps in the next days.

However, I will explain better the problem.

I have large scale maps with little details (scale 1:1.000.000 or 1:500.000) that I use for covering the entire region (southern italy), then I have several small but very detailed maps (scale 1:10.000 and 1:25.000) for hiking in selected zones.
When I try to zoom out from a small map, the auto-limit of the zoom prevent me to reach the larger map, I think because the scale difference between the maps is too big. The same happens when I try to zoom in from a larger map to a small detailed one. The only solution that worked for me is to disable the smart zoom and to zoom only with fingers touch. This way the + and - buttons work as intended for changing manually between maps.

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:15 am

A test build 5.56.04 has been posted with the new Elevation Correction option.

http://pathaway.com/prerelease5/android/

Return to “PathAway for Android - Support”