Pathaway Express 5.75.13.01 unstable on Samsung Galaxy S4

Questions and problems
neldot

Pathaway Express 5.75.13.01 unstable on Samsung Galaxy S4

Postby neldot » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:14 pm

Hello,
I just jumped from a Samsung Galaxy S2 to a Galaxy S4, and installed pathaway on it with a new registration key (thanks Scott).

Albeit Pathaway in Full-HD on the S4 screen is really a wonderful experience, in my experience it appears to be unstable, and to crash randomly every 2-3 minutes (for example it always crashes when I zoom out too much on very big maps).
Strangely, when it crashes, on the screen appears the big "PathAway" logo and the program freezes.

Another thing that doesn't seem to work correctly is the arrow direction (based on the phone gyroscope and compass). Instead of pointing the right direction, it goes around in all the directions like crazy.

The gps connection has some problems too, because it seems to randomly lost all the satellites without a reason (I tested it at once with other gps programs, like GPS status, that instead didn't lose their satellites) .

I think that the many S4 owners would be grateful for a new patch to resolve these compatibility issues.

Thanks in advance,
Antonello

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:06 pm

Note that PathAway is set to only report a good location if the reported accuracy of the fix is good enough. Otherwise it will go to "searching" mode. This is necessary so you don't rely on a location that may be inaccurate.

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:09 pm

Regarding the stationary issue. PathAway uses the reported direction from the internal compass if its available. Check to ensure your compass is calibrated correctly. If the compass is not working then the direction is detemined by GPS Satellites which may cause the direction to jump around when stationary.

Return to “PathAway for Android - Support”