PathAway GPS 4 - Standard and Professional Editions
New Features -All Platforms
- Multimedia Points. Add Photos and Sound to captured points. Included support for Camera phones for Photo capture. Click on points and play their sound or display the picture. Proximity indicator shows a thumbnail of the nearest point (if there). Click on the thumbnail for a full view of the picture.
- Track Up Navigation: Automatic or manual Map rotation in 90 degree increments.
- New View Screens. GPS Sky View, Satellite Data View, and Compass View.
- Goto Location: Enter specific location coordinates to position map
- PocketMode Feature : View > Pocket Mode. PocketMode turns off the
screen (or backlight depending on device), locks the screen and keyboard
but continues to track GPS. To exit pocket mode:
- Added "Split Track Here" command to Context Menu. Click on a track point and "Split" the track into two at the selected point.
- Calibrate skewed maps by Known Control Points. New algotithms developed to accurately calibrate maps by choosing 3 or more known points. Map no longer needs to have perfectly horizontal latitude and vertical longitude lines.
- Multiple position coordinate display supported. Show both lat/long and UTM at the same time. Or choose a different Datum to display in.
- Optimization for datums other than WGS84. Previously, there was much overhead when displaying maps and data in different datums. Now there is no perceptable difference in performance across all Datums and Coordinate grids.
- Added: New Coordinate Grid Quebec-MTM, MGA, GGRS87, Swedish Grid, Irish
grid, Israel Grid
- Toolbar Hide/Show added. See View > Show Taskbar. Click context menu and choose View > Toggle Toolbar to restore
- Manual And Proximity based Route Point Targeting. Manual means user must select "Advance Route Point" before PathAway will target the next point in sequence. Proximity means you must enter within a proximity of a route point before the next point will be automatically targeted.
- Measure distance between 2 points.
- Large size Icon and Text Menu display.
- Coordinate Grid display.
- On-Device Calibrate by 3 or more known points using Map and controls.
- Import GPS data from Data Logger NMEA file. Ie. RoyalTek BlueGPS.
- On Device Import of GPX, LOC, and PathAway text-based data files. (.pwtrk, .pwrte, .pwpte)
- Elevation alarms and warnings
- GPS fix acquired and lost alarms.
- On-Map Display of Radius showing Estimated Travel Time. In 1, 5, 10, 30, and 60 minute intervals.
- Option to maintain trying to connect to GPS even if communications is lost.
- Options to set the speed decimal precision, and units precision used for reporting distances. Preferences-System.
- Option to record "Depth" (if available) in elevation data field instead of altitude. Preferences-System.
- Added "Auto Detect" baud rate. Turn on AUto Detect, and system
will cycle through baud rates until if begins to receive a valid stream.
GPS Configure Dialog
New features - Windows Mobile version only
- Editing text. Added Tap and Hold menu for Undo, Cut, Copy, Paste, Select
- Top Taskbar Hide/Show added. See View > Show Taskbar
Palm OS only (already a part of WinMobile 3.1)
- Select Folders on Storage cards for accessing maps and Data.
PathAway Map Manager
- New Calibration Type: Known Points. For calibrating non-rectangular
maps of unknown projection.
PathAway Data Conversion Wizard
- The PathAway Data conversion wizard is Windows application that provides a step-by-step guide for converting your points, routes, and tracks to and from PathAway format.
PathAway GPS 4 - Professional Edition
New Features - All Platforms
- SMS (Simple Messaging Service or Simple Text Messaging) Send Location: GPS > Send My Location... or setup an automatic time interval to transmit your position via SMS. Currently working on Palm Treo 600/650 and Windows Mobile Pocket PC Phone Edition models. Can send to locations to multiple SMS numbers including Handhelds running PathAway 4. Supports PathAway or Touratech protocols.
- SMS Receive Location: View > Preferences > SMS Receive... to enable Location Receive. WHen enabled, PathAway monitors incoming messages for recognized protocols. When a location is received, the location is plotted on the PathAway Map screen. Messages are identified by user name so multiple points may be tracked and viewed on the map at the same time.