Global Positioning System (GPS)
PathAway navigation system uses satellite signals to determine
your exact location, speed and direction of travel. PathAway
uses the built-in internal GPS of the Android devices.
GPS is not required to use the software. You can still browse maps, create routes, and mark points on the map in offline mode.
- GPS support for devices with internal GPS receivers.
compass utlized when stationary or travelling very slowly.
- Customizable screens can display current location, elevation,
speed, direction, plus navigational information such as distance,time,
and direction to destination. Over 30 different display options
- Moving map centers on your current location.
- Record your track for later back-tracking, or reviewing
- Proximity notification displays points you are approaching,
their distance away, and position relative to your direction
- Big Compass screen can show your most important information
at a glance. Customize the Compass to suit your needs.
- Use online maps from OpenStreetMap, OpenCycleMap, Google, and USGS Topos;
- Maps are downloaded on-the-fly as you travel;
- Maps can be cached for off-line use when connectivity is not available;
Create your own Maps for Navigation
Prepare your own maps for use in PathAway, using the free
Map Manager application. Scan your paper maps or get digital
maps from CD ROM software, or web sites.
- Multi-resolution color support. (Grayscale, 256 color, and
new high definition color).
- Zoom in-out between maps of different resolution.
- Scroll by dragging map with the stylus.
Maps are highly compressed
and can be any size and resolution that fits within your device
- Capture and mark unlimited number of points and locations.
- Use long names and descriptions for easy recognition.
- Apply an icon to each point.
- Capture pictures or videos to attach to your points.
- Goto points on the map, or points along a track.
- Create routes by simply clicking points on a map, or by
adding points from your Points database.
- Choose a recorded track to follow.
- Follow routes either forward or reverse (back-track). Great
for finding your way home.
- Simulate (play) your route travel before you go.
- Determine your total distance and estimated travel time
to destination. Time can be estimated by current speed, average
speed, or a custom speed setting.
- PathAway can record your location at regular intervals
as you travel with a GPS.
- The track line is displayed on the map as you travel.
- You can then reuse the track to follow at a later time.
- Time and distance are recorded in the track log, useful
for accurate travel planning.
Full Screen Map View - Utilizes most of the screen to show as large a map area as possible. Long/Lat, speed, elevation, and direction of travel are displayed. This data is the “navigation” data in the program.
Tracking View - Shows the map and navigation data. Default travel stats are related to information specific to your current trip.
Route View - Shows the map and “navigation” data, plus full info for point proximity. As you approach a point, “Estimated time to next destination (ete)”, “Distance to” and “Course to” are displayed.
Compass View - Shows the navigation Compass and selected “navigation” data.
The Compass view is customizable. The screen can display data in a “Tiled” format, or a single Compass in full screen.
- Preferences for distance and elevation units, course display,
time estimation, proximity notification, map display detail,
and track recording precision.
- Customiazable on-screen Dashboard surrounds the map view. Modify any of the 12 edges of the screen to pop-out
to show desired trip info.
In-Hand Data Management
- Edit point, route, and track databases
- Import and Export between GPX, LOC, KML, and text delimited formats.