- Multimedia Points. Add Photos and Sound to captured
points. Included support for Camera phones for Photo capture.
Click on points and play their sound or display the picture.
Proximity indicator shows a thumbnail of the nearest point
(if there). Click on the thumbnail for a full view of the
- Track Up Navigation: Automatic or manual Map rotation
in 90 degree increments.
- New View Screens. GPS Sky View, Satellite Data View,
and Compass View.
- Goto Location: Enter specific location coordinates
to position map
- PocketMode Feature : You can now track via your
GPS, and save battery life at the same time. Once you enter
PocketMode, PathAway turns off the screen (or backlight depending
on device), and locks the keys but continues to record GPS
data to your track log. If you using a Bluetooth GPS, simply
connect the GPS, enter Pocket Mode, and put the handheld in
your Pocket! No need to worry about accidentally hitting keys
to issue unwanted commands. Use the special key sequence (or
power button) to exit Pocket mode and return to the View screen.
- Split Track Here: "Click on a track point and
"Split" the track into two at the selected point.
Great for dividing up lengthy tracks that only need to be
in separate segments.
- Calibrate by 3 or More Known Points: Now you can
Calibrate maps that do not have horizontal and vertical longitude
and latitude lines, and do not have a known projection. PathAway
4 features new algorithms to accurately calibrate maps by
choosing 3 or more known points. Map no longer needs to have
perfectly horizontal latitude and vertical longitude lines.
Calibration can be done via Map Manager, or on the handheld
by selecting the known points on the map.
- Primary and Secondary Position Coordinate Display:
Choose two different Position coordinates to display on the
dashboard. Now you can show both lat/long and UTM (or any
other supported Grid format) at the same time. Or choose a
different Datum to display in.
- Optimization for Datums other than WGS84: Previously,
there was much overhead when displaying maps and data in different
datums. Now there is no perceptible difference in performance
across all Datums and Coordinate grids.
- New Coordinate Grids: Quebec-MTM, MGA, GGRS87, Swedish
Grid, Irish grid, Israel Grid
- New Datums: RT90, GD94, EGSA87
- Toolbar Hide/Show. Expand your view of the screen
by hiding the toolbar. Windows Mobile versions can hide the
toolbar, or the top Taskbar to give you the entire screen
- Manual And Proximity based Route Point Targeting.
Manual means user must select "Advance Route Point"
before PathAway will target the next point in sequence. Proximity
means you must enter within a proximity of a route point before
the next point will be automatically targeted.
- Measure distance between 2 points: Want to know
the distance between 2 points on the map? Simply select Measure...
from the Popup menu, and click on the 2 points.
- Large size Icon and Text Menu display: Double the
size of the icons for better viewing, or enlarge the text
on the menus for arms-length viewing, or easier finger selection.
- Coordinate Grid Lines on Map: Show the latitude
and longitude lines on the map. Automatically determines best
gapping between lines to keep the screen uncluttered.
- Import GPS data from Data Logger NMEA file: Download
data logged in your Data Logger GPS, (I.e.. RoyalTek BlueGPS.)
and import the NMEA file directly into PathAway.
- Support for SDIO GPS: Now use your SDIO slot as
you GPS receiver. Direct support for SDIO GPS devices added.
Ie. Stellus StarNet SDIO GPS.
- New Data Import Formats: GPX, LOC Supported via
PathAway PC Conversion Tools, or handheld from the new "Import..."
option via Database dialogs. Great for GeoCache users.
- Elevation alarms and warnings: Receive audible alerts
when you rise above or fall below specified elevations in
relation to the track or route you're following.
- GPS fix acquired and lost alarms: Receive audible
alerts when a GPS fix is acquired or lost.
- Custom Alarm Sounds: Add your own sound clips to
be used for any of the available alarms. Even attach a sound
to a specific point to be played as the "in-proximity"
- On-Map Display of Estimated Travel Time. PathAway
displays the ETE on the map by showiing rings indicating the
time to reach points on the map. By default, ETEs are set
in 1,2, 5, 10, 30, and 60 minute intervals. Customizable in
the Preferences>Time dialog.
- GPS Connection Retrys: Option to maintain trying
to connect to GPS even if communications are temporarily lost.
- Set Speed and distance decimal precision: Now modify
the decimal places to show on the screens used for reporting
- Depth Tracking: Option to record "Depth"
(if available) in elevation data field instead of altitude.
- "Auto Detect" baud rate. Turn on Auto
Detect, and system will cycle through baud rates until if
begins to receive a valid stream. GPS Configure Dialog
- Elevation Correction: Automatically adjust elevation
to correct for SIRF II Elevation error, or set a fixed elevation
adjustment to be applied to all elevation data received from